Mint Chutney is quick to make a condiment that can spice-up any appetizer, especially Indian Chaats. No Indian street food fare is complete without spicy, flavorsome pudina chutney or mint chutney. It not only brings colors to the table but also provide a layer of flavors to the food. Green Chutney is an essential dip if you are planning to serve Indian snacks and appetizers.
Mint Chutney turns bitter only if is churned for too long in the mixer or blender. That is the reason coriander leaves and green chili are combined with mint leaves to balance the flavor and cut down the bitterness of mint.
Is mint chutney good for health?
Mint Chutney is rich in antioxidants. Hence it is good for your skin, aids in digestion and help fighting heat strokes. If you are on a detox diet then pudina chutney is an excellent side-dish or dip to include in your meal plan.
How To Store Green Chutney (Pudina Chutney)?
It is always best to store green chutney in a clean, airtight container in the fridge. It remains fresh in the fridge for 5 – 6 days. But after a few hours, the mint chutney starts changing its color from bright green to dark green. Hence, it is best to consume it within a day or two.
Other Indian Chutney Recipes You Might Like:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Mint Chutney Recipe
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves
- half a bunch of mint leaves
- half a inch piece of ginger
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchur powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Salt to taste
- To make the chutney, first clean and wash the green leaves.
- In a blender add all the ingredients to make the chutney along with a tablespoon or more of water.
- Blend the ingredients to a smooth paste to make the chutney. If required, add more water. Transfer chutney to a clean bowl.
- Serve Mint Chutney with snacks or store in the fridge.