Instant Ginger Pickle is one of the quickest and the easiest Indian style pickle recipes. It requires only 5 ingredients and just 25 minutes to get ready. And trust me, this ginger pickle is the best accompaniment for dal, chaat, Punjabi chana masala and the salads. Once you taste it there is a guaranty that you will make a batch of it every fortnight. We are surely addicted to it in a good way. The zesty salt and lemon seasoning combined with the signature bitterness of ginger make this pickle really exciting!
The beauty of instant pickles is they do not require a lengthy and time taking process to get ready. Best for the novice pickle makers like me. The precise ingredient list and fewer process steps make me feel really confident about the entire pickle making process. Most of the instant pickles are seasonal and have a shelf life of not more than 15 days. And I think that is the peculiarity which makes them more wanted.
I know this instant ginger pickle looks really hot and spicy. But actually, it’s just the opposite. The heat and the bitterness of ginger are toned down by the sourness of lemon juice. You can actually eat it by the spoonful. And as the days pass by the flavor of this pickle matures and turn more and more delicious.
Best time to make instant ginger pickle? During the summer season (May-June) or during the autumn season. These are the seasons when the tender ginger roots are easily available. So if you are thinking about trying this instant ginger pickle recipe, then now is a perfect time. Go ahead and give this recipe a try. I am sure you would love it!
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Instant Ginger Pickle Recipe
- 100 gram ginger
- 2 - 3 green chilli
- 2 whole lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Peel the ginger and wash it. Pat dry it completely with a kitchen towel.
- Cut ginger into thin strips (juliennes) and transfer to a bowl.
- Cut the green chilli into thin slices and add to the same bowl as ginger strips.
- Wash the lemon, pat dry and cut it into two half. Collect the juice in a bowl.
- Now cut the lemon peel into small size wedges. Combine with ginger.
- Add salt and vinegar over the ginger. Stir nicely to even combine the ingredients.
- Set this aside for 5 minutes or till ginger releases water and turn light pink.
- Transfer the pickle to a clean and dry glass container. Seal the jar with a lid.
- Instant Ginger Pickle is ready to serve. Store it in the fridge.