Creamy, rich and spicy Chicken Korma is the best thing that can happen for dinner. It has a mildly spicy thick gravy that tastes absolutely delicious with lachha paratha. Ever since I learned this Chicken Korma Recipe there is no turning back to any other chicken centrepieces for the dinner parties. It compliments almost every Indian flatbread perfectly. And you will be surprised to know chicken korma is a 100% gluten-free Indian curry.
Best And Easy Chicken Recipes – Hot Sauce Chicken Wings, 30 Minute Butter Chicken, and Leftover Chicken Biryani
How I made this fantastic chicken korma? I have used one of my DIY Everyday Curry Paste – Korma Masala. With the homemade korma masala and the marinated chicken sitting in the fridge, the chicken korma does not take hours to get ready. And the best part about this chicken korma recipe is you do not require tons of spices and herbs to make it at home. Few basic everyday ingredients are sufficient to make a lip-smacking chicken korma curry.
Tips To Make Perfect Chicken Korma
- Try to use the thick and fresh curd for marinating the chicken. Avoid curd with the too much of sour flavor.
- Whisk the curd and other ingredients nicely before marinating the chicken.
- Rub the marinate nicely over the chicken and massage the chicken pieces for 5 – 10 minutes with the marinade.
- Roast the chicken pieces in the korma masala for 10 – 15 minutes over the low heat. Do not rush this process as it is the key to make delicious chicken korma.
- Water/milk is always added towards the end of the process when the chicken pieces are almost done. After adding water do not cook the chicken pieces for too long.
I always have a special spot on my palate for the light and mildly flavoured Indian chicken curries. Too loud and spicy chicken curries are definitely not a cup of my tea. So subtly flavoured chicken korma is definitely one of my favourites.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Chicken Korma Recipe
- 1 kilogram skinless chicken pieces with bone
Ingredients for the marinade
- 1/2 Cup thick Yogurt dahi
- 2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam-masala
- Clean, wash and pat dry the chicken pieces.
- Prick the chicken pieces few times with a fork.
- Combine yogurt, ginger-garlic paste and garam masala in a bowl. Mix nicely.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the marinade nicely.
- Keep the marinated chicken in the fridge overnight or for atleast 5 - 6 hours.
- To make chicken korma, heat ghee in a heavy bottom casserole.
- Add the bay leaf and the crushed cardamom pods. Cook for few seconds.
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces along with the marinade.
- Fry over low heat till they turn pale white and tender. This usually takes 10 - 15 minutes.
- Next add the korma masala and stir nicely to coat the chicken pieces with the masala.
- Roast the chicken pieces for next 10 - 15 minutes after adding the korma masala.
- Season with salt, green chillies and the garam masala.
- Cover and cook the chicken over low heat till the pieces are 80% cooked.
- To make little gravy add 1/2 Cup of water. Simmer uncovered till it thickens and the chicken is fully cooked. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
- Garnish Chicken Korma with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve Chicken Korma warm with Naan ( see recipe ) or Lachha Paratha.