You Might Also Like – 10 Best Indian Breakfast Recipes
TIPS TO MAKE PERFECTLY DELICIOUS WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES?
- To prepare the buttermilk, use the room temperature milk. And make sure all the ingredients for the pancakes are at room temperature. Cold ingredients make the texture of the pancakes bit tough.
- Do not mix the batter for too long. Else, you might end up in chewy pancakes. The moment all the ingredients are combined well and no streaks of flour remain in the batter, stop mixing.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes before making the pancakes. Be assured this trick will always yield soft and fluffy pancakes.
- Let the air bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes while cooking then only flip it to cook from the other side (you can see the same in the video as well).
BEST WAYS TO SERVE WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES:
There are zillion ways to serve these pancakes. But few of my favorite are:
- drizzle a good quality organic honey over the piping hot pancakes and serve them immediately.
- a tablespoon of butter followed by the drizzle of honey.
- a good drizzle of natural maple syrup.
- honey and fresh seasonal fruits/berries.
- peanut butter and maple syrup
- Nutella and freshly whipped cream
- chocolate sauce and maple syrup
WATCH STEP BY STEP VIDEO TO MAKE 100% WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Whole Wheat Pancakes is always my brunch time favourite, served with a variety of fresh fruits, a drizzle of organic honey. Learn how to make perfect healthy pancakes at home.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 egg at room temperature
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon olive oil buy it here
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup milk at room temperature
- 1 tsp white vinegar/lemon juice
- Organic honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- To prepare the pancake, first prepare the buttermilk.
- In milk stir vinegar or lemon juice, let it sit at room temperature for 5 - 10 minutes. You will notice milk will cuddle. This is the buttermilk you require for the pancake.
- Next sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together in a separate bowl egg, buttermilk, olive oil and vanilla essence for 5 minute or till combined well.
- Now make well in the centre of the flour mixture, add the liquid ingredients and gently fold till all combined well. No streaks of flour should remain in the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Heat non stick pancake pan ( buy it here ) over medium heat.
- Grease it with a teaspoon of butter. Pour a large spoonful of batter in the pan. If the batter is not spreading around, gently spread it with the back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the pancakes.
- Cook on one side till air bubbles appear on top and edges turn brown.
- Flip the pancake and cook from the other side. Similarly, cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve the Whole Wheat Pancakes with a drizzle of honey and butter.
- You can serve pancakes with fresh fruits.
Equipment Used: Non-Stick Pancake Pan ( buy it here )