Paan Thandai is a chilled and refreshing flavor of the classic thandai. It has the bright green color of real betel (paan) leaves and all the deliciousness of a thandai. Be sure to watch the video!
Thandai is a traditional Indian drink. It is widely popular for its medicinal and cooling health benefits.
Here are some Health Benefits of Thandai by the industry experts:
- It is an excellent energy booster especially during the summer season
- Thandai aids in digestion and immensely help in cooling down the body
- Its is also a sort of anti-depressant and helps in improving the mood
- It is a fantastic immunity booster and keeps you safe from the heat strokes.
The Paan Thandai
If you are bored of the classic thandai flavor, you must try this refreshing paan thandai. It has the creaminess of thandai combined with the taste of betel leaves.
I use my instant thandai powder to make this paan thandai recipe. Apart from that, you need betel leaves (paan), gulkand, sugar, milk, and ice cubes for making this thandai.
All you need to do is mix it all in a blender. And serve thandai chilled.
Serve paan thandai chilled or at room temperature. I like to add a few cubes to it while serving.
Please note thandai is a milk-based drink. Hence, do not leave it at room temperature for more than 2 – 3 hours, especially in a hot and humid climate. It is always best to store it in the refrigerator.
More Indian Drink Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Paan Thandai Recipe
- 2 Cup milk, chilled or semi-frozen
- 4 tablespoon thandai masala (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon gulkand paste (see notes)
- 2 tablespoon granulated white sugar or to taste
- 3 fresh betel leaves (paan leaves), chopped
- 5 – 6 ice cubes
- Combine thandai masala with milk. Mix nicely.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender including the thandai milk paste and ice cubes. Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Serve paan thandai chilled or at room temperature.
- Do not blend the paan thandai for too long otherwise, the green color turns into brown because of the heat.
- It is best to enjoy paan thandai within 2 – 3 hours of making.
- Gulkand is a sweet preserve of rose petals. It is used to make meetha paan. You can easily get gulkand paste in the Indian grocery stores, supermarkets, or online stores like Amazon, Big Basket, etc.