Apple Kheer is a delicious Indian milk pudding made with fresh apples and sweetened with dates. It is healthy, tasty and 100% gluten-free. During the festive season if you looking for healthy desserts to satiate the sweet cravings then apple kheer is the best Indian dessert recipe. Super simple to prepare and is truly irresistible.
I love the idea of fresh fruits in Indian desserts. Few of my favorite is – chikoo ka halwa, pineapple rava kesari, and apple kheer. The natural sweetness of fruits blends perfectly with the richness of Indian desserts. Hence, making them healthier and tastier. So for those who are always in search of healthy festive indulgence Indian desserts made with fresh fruits are the right choice.
How To Make Sugar-Free Apple Kheer:
CRAVING MORE INDAN DESSERT RECIPES? TRY THESE:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Apple Kheer Recipe
- 2 - 3 firm and ripe apples, peeled and grated
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 1/4 Cup roughly chopped dates
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- a pinch of saffron
Ingredients for garnish:
- 2 tablespoon chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon sliced dry-fruits
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan heat milk.
- Add chopped dates, cardamom powder, and saffron. Cook on a medium flame while stirring continuously until milk thickens and reduced to almost half. This process usually takes 15 - 20 minutes over a low flame.
- Meanwhile, combine grated apples and cinnamon in a broad non-stick pan. Cook till most of the moisture evaporates and apples turn golden in color with thick jam-like consistency.
- Remove from the flame, allow it to cool completely and keep aside.
- Once cooled, add the prepared apple mixture to the reduced milk. Stir nicely.
- Bring to boil once and then remove from the flame. Before turning off the heat, make sure the kheer has a thick consistency.
- Serve apple kheer chilled garnished with sliced dry fruits and chopped apples.