If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Date and Apple Kheer is delicious Indian milk pudding made using fresh apples and dates. Learn how to make sugar-free apple kheer in few simple steps.
- 2 – 3 firm and ripe apples peeled and grated
- 1 litre full fat milk
- ¼ Cup roughly chopped dates
- 4 tbsp sugar or as per taste
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 – 2 crushed cardamom pods
- ¼ Cup chopped cashewnuts
- Chopped pistachio and almonds
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan heat milk and add chopped dates, cardamom pods and cashews. Cook on a medium flame while stirring continuously until milk thickens and reduced to almost half.
- Meanwhile combine grated apples, sugar and cinnamon in a broad non-stick pan and stew till sugar melts and continue to cook till most of the moisture evaporates and apples turn golden in color with thick jam like consistency.
- Remove from the flame, allow it to cool completely and keep aside.
- Once cooled, add the prepared apple mixture to the reduced milk. Stir nicely.
- Bring to boil once and then remove from the flame.
- Serve hot/chilled garnished with chopped nuts.