If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Coconut Ladoo Recipe
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut or unsweetened packaged dry coconut
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 - 3 green cardamom crushed into powder
- 1/2 tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 Cup chopped dry fruits almond, cashew and pistachio
Ingredients for rolling the ladoos
- ⅓ cup grated fresh coconut for rolling
- To prepare the Coconut Ladoo, saute fresh coconut in ghee for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Continuously stir the coconut while heating. Make sure not to brown the coconut.
- Now add ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk along with cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits.
- Stir to combine and while continuously stirring cook the mixture over medium high heat.
- When the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan and thick enough to roll out ladoo, turn off the heat.
- Pour the ladoo mixture in another bowl and allow it to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled completely, pinch small size balls from the mixture and roll on your palm to make ladoos.
- Arrange desiccated coconut in a plate along with dry fruits.
- Roll the ladoos evenly in coconut mixture
- Serve coconut ladoos straight away or serve them later. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.