Coconut Laddo is a tasty, instant Indian sweet prepared with condensed milk and desiccated coconut. Instant Coconut Laddu requires only 3 -ingredients and less than 30 minutes. It is the simplest laddu recipe, no tricky instructions, mix, bind, and a delicious, mouth-melting sweet is ready to serve.
Coconut Laddu is a great sweet for prasad for Indian festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi, Onam, and Navratri. Nothing can beat the joy of sharing a platter of delicious homemade sweets with family and friends.
During festive celebrations, I prefer sweet recipes which can be made in advance. If sweets like Coconut Laddo are ready well in advance than at the last minute you have to open the container and serve.
Ingredients For Coconut Laddo:
For making nariyal laddo or coconut laddo only 3 – ingredients are required:
Coconut: To make instant coconut laddu, you can use store-bought grated or desiccated coconut. These days it is widely available across supermarkets in Indian and other countries as well.
But for an authentic taste, it is highly recommended to use fresh coconut for making the laddo. You can buy a fresh coconut and grind it to a coarse powder using a food processor.
Condensed Milk: Traditionally, sugar and milk are used to make nariyal laddo. Nowadays, to make instant coconut laddo condensed milk is used instead of fresh milk. Condensed milk makes the laddu deliciously sweet and reduces cooking time by binding the batter instantly.
Ghee: It is a matter of personal choice to use ghee (clarified butter) for roasting the coconut. I prefer dry roasting the freshly grated coconut instead of ghee for a few minutes before adding the condensed milk to remove the moisture.
Cardamom Powder: The cardamom flavor perfectly compliments the sweetness of condensed milk and coconut. If you do not have cardamom powder in the pantry, grind 1/4 cup green cardamom with a tablespoon of white sugar to a powder using the dry jar of a mixer. Adding cardamom powder is optional.
Tips To Make Perfect Instant Coconut Laddo:
If you are using fresh coconut, dry roast it for a 5 – 6 minutes over a low flame to remove the moisture. Make sure not to brown the coconut.
Continuously stir the desiccated coconut while roasting and after adding the condensed milk. Also, keep the gas flame at low or medium only.
Before start preparing the coconut ladoo, make sure all ingredients are at room temperature, especially the condensed milk.
If you are using a packaged grated coconut, make sure it is unsweetened.
Usually, I prefer, ghee roasting the packaged coconut and dry roasting the freshly grated coconut.
Watch Instant Coconut Laddo Recipe Video:
You Might Like To Try These Indian Sweet Recipes:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Coconut Ladoo Recipe
- 2 Cup fresh grated coconut or unsweetened packaged dry coconut
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 Cup condensed milk
Ingredients for rolling the ladoos
- 1/2 Cup grated fresh coconut
- 2 tablespoon almonds (badam)
- 2 tablespoon pistachio
- Make a coarse powder of almonds and pistachio in a blender. Set aside.
- To prepare the Coconut Ladoo, dry roast coconut for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Continuously stir the coconut while heating. Make sure not to brown the coconut.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of roasted coconut for coating the laddo. Keep aside till required.
- Now add sweetened condensed milk and mix nicely. Cook over low heat while continuously stirring.
- When the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan and thick enough to roll out ladoo, turn off the heat.
- Pour the laddo mixture in another bowl and allow it to cool. The laddo mixture should become lukewarm to touch.
- When the mixture has cooled a bit, add cardamom powder and dry fruits powder. Mix nicely.
- Pinch a small size portion from the coconut mixture and shape it like a lemon ball. Similarly, prepare all the laddo.
- Arrange desiccated coconut in a plate. Roll each laddo evenly in roasted coconut.
- Serve coconut laddo straight away or store in the fridge in an airtight container. Coconut Laddo remain fresh for 10 – 15 days.