Gajar Ka Halwa made in a pressure cooker without condensed milk. Learn how to make quick and easy carrot halwa in few simple steps.
- 1 kg Carrot peeled and grated
- 1 Cup Sugar or as per taste
- 1/2 Cup Khoya Mawa, roughly crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon sliced dry fruits
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots. While grating carrot use the bigger holes of the grater than the smaller ones to have long strands.
- In a pressure cooker add grated carrots, water and sprinkle sugar on top do not mix.
- Put on the lid and cook the carrots for one whistle. Turn off the heat. And release the steam from the pressure cooker.
- Now heat ghee in a heavy bottomed deep pan.
- Transfer the carrots to the pan. Keep flame on low.
- Keep on roasting the carrots till all the moisture is evaporated and the halwa starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and crumbled mawa.
- Keep on cooking the halwa on low flame stirring frequently for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with sliced dry fruits.
- Serve Gajar Ka Halwa warm.
Gajar Ka Halwa can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 – 2 weeks. Simply reheat in the microwave just before serving.