Egg Paratha is a fulfilling and protein-packed Indian breakfast recipe. A simple whole wheat paratha layered with a cheesy egg mixture is what this breakfast recipe is all about. On the nutrition front, it is loaded with protein and the carb content required for a good burst of energy that will keep you going till lunch or longer.
Punjabi breakfasts are typically rich and filling, with an onus on ingredients that help one survive the hard day at fields, generate enough energy to carry out physical tasks and stay replenished till the next meal. This favorite family breakfast is easy to prepare, scrumptiously flaky, slightly crisp and is perfect to start the day.
Eggs for breakfast: If you aren’t already aware of it, eggs are a major source of energy and protein. If you an egg lover, this egg paratha recipe is a delightful way to eat eggs for breakfast. Anda paratha can be served up with a couple of chutneys on the side and a steaming hot cup of tea to go with it. Can you feel the bliss already?
To make the stuffed egg paratha more interesting, we have graced it with loads of cheese — an indulgent and gratifying twist to the anda paratha. We have used the Mother Dairy Cheese Cube for this stuffed egg paratha recipe. You can watch the step-by-step process to make these stuffed peppers at Mother Dairy Fresh Delights Instagram Handle.
How To Make Egg Paratha?
Anda Paratha can be prepared in many ways. Some methods recommend the egg mixture layered between two separate sheets of paratha. On the other hand, in Mughlai paratha egg mixture is spooned into the paratha layer and then sealed like an envelope. In this method, we are cooking the paratha first, spreading a generous layer of egg mixture, cook it and at last, fold the paratha into the half.
Meal-Prep Tips For Egg Paratha:
The dough for the paratha can be kneaded the night before and stored in the fridge.
You can use frozen paratha or readymade roti available in the supermarket as well if you are short on time.
Prepare the vegetables for the egg paratha during the previous night and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Egg Recipes For Breakfast You Might Like:
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Egg Paratha is a fulfilling and protein-packed Indian breakfast recipe. Learn how to make cheese stuffed egg paratha in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (atta)
- Water to bind dough
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup Mother Dairy Cheese Cube, grated
- 1 onion, fine chopped
- 1 green chilli, fine chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Oil to cook Paratha
- Bind soft to touch yet firm chapati dough with whole wheat flour and water. Coat with oil. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, onion, cheese and the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Heat a flat pan (tawa).
- Roll out a round paratha with one small portion of the dough.
- Place the paratha on pan, cook from both the sides, smear with a teaspoon of oil and cook till little bit crisp.
- Now, pour 1/4 Cup of egg mixture over the paratha. Cook for 2 - 3 seconds. Flip and cook the egg side nicely.
- Once again, flip the paratha, add more grated cheese and fold the paratha into half. Press gently and cook for few seconds till cheese is nicely melted.
- Cut into half and serve immediately with ketchup and chutney.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!