Thinking what to do with leftover naan bread? Make Naan Pizza. You will surely thank me for this 10 – minute naan pizza recipe. It’s super quick, easy, and a fun family dinner idea. Naan layered with rich tomato sauce, favorite toppings, and gooey cheese tastes simply divine.
What is Naan Pizza?
Naan is a popular Indian flatbread. You will often notice it on the menu of an Indian restaurant or on the bread aisle of a supermarket.
Pizza made with cooked naan bread as a base is known as Naan Pizza. In recent years, naan pizza has become a trending fusion pizza recipe.
The base of naan bread is super easy to make or you can grab the readymade one. Layer it with your favorite spicy toppings, bake and a pizza is ready in 15 minutes.
The Naan Bread
It is utterly simple to make naan bread at home. It is one of the easiest Indian flatbread made with all-purpose flour and yeast.
You can follow my easiest whole wheat stovetop naan recipe that does not require any yeast to make naan at home.
Or use packaged, ready to eat naan bread available in most of the grocery stores or supermarkets worldwide.
The soft, pillowy texture of the naan bread makes a perfect crust for an artisanal pizza.
How To Make Naan Pizza
Base: The crust of this pizza is the pre-cooked naan bread. You can make the bread from scratch at home for the pizza base or use the leftover ones.
Sauce: My homemade pizza sauce is the best. It is made with fresh tomatoes, and so easy to make. If you have a time crunch, open the bottle of your favorite pizza sauce and spread it generously on naan bread.
Toppings: May I suggest you try shredded butter chicken for the toppings. I absolutely love the fusion food combinations such as this one – butter chicken, cheese, and naan.
Apart from fusion flavors, you can top naan pizza with roasted veggies, olives, salami, meat, fresh herbs, capers, eggs, seafood, and the possibilities are endless.
Cheese: Mozarella is my first choice when it comes to pizza. Be generous while adding cheese, after all, pizza tastes so much better with extra cheese.
Baking: This pizza needs only 10 minutes of baking time. The naan base is already pre-cooked. All we need to crisp it a bit while baking and melt the cheese to gooey goodness.
More Easy Bread Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
10 Minute Naan Pizza Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- First prepare the naan or you can use readymade naan as well to make the pizza.
- Preheat oven at 220 degrees Celcius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the naans on the baking sheet with the charred side facing upwards.
- Spread pizza sauce equally over the naans. Make sure each naan is covered nicely with the sauce. Sprinkle each naan with cheese, capsicum, onion, olives, tomato, and chicken.
- Transfer baking sheets to the oven, middle rack. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted and the crust is a bit crisp.
- Once the Naan Pizza is out of the oven, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, season with pizza seasoning of your choice (chili flakes, oregano, fresh basil).
- Serve Naan Pizza immediately.
- You can use any other flavor of shredded or roasted chicken for the topping.
- You can use the readymade naan bread or make a fresh batch from scratch at home.
- This pizza needs only 10 – 15 minutes of baking time. The naan base is already pre-cooked.