Tandoori Prawns are the grilled shrimp skewers loaded with the bold Indian flavors. They are absolutely perfect for the drink and barbecue parties. This super easy Tandoori Prawn Recipe yield delicious end results! Marinate them few hours before the party and forget about them. Last minute set the grill and roast the prawns. The idea is to cook them on a direct flame. You can use barbecue, grill pan or roast them in the oven.Tandoori Prawns does not require more than 10 minutes on each side to get grilled to the perfection. Big, juicy, fresh, firm, perfectly grilled Tandoori Prawns are a real outburst of flavors.
Planning a BBQ Party? Try these recipes – Tandoori Chicken Satay, Fish Tikka, Corn Salsa, and Grilled Pineapple Salad.
This Tandoori Prawns recipe is made with a super-easy marinade. So flavorful and delicious!! Marination is one of the most important steps in the making of flavorsome Tandoori Prawns. I prefer marinating the prawns at least a night before the grilling day. Or you can say 5 – 6 hours is a good enough time for the prawns to absorb the flavor of the spices and seasoning.
Once you set these prawns on fire for grilling, the air nearby is engulfed in the whiff of charcoal and the grilled deliciousness. Squeeze lemon juice on the grilled prawns and a few leaves of fresh coriander. Ohh man, these Tandoori Prawns will make you fall in love with the shrimps once again. These days they are one of my beloved party snacks. They save me a lot of time and turns out too delightful!
How To Plan a BBQ Party Menu?
During the monsoon and winter season, we all had this fancy BBQ Party hosting plan in mind. But how to plan the menu? It is so simple – try to include easy and quick to grill meats on the menu. I stick to chicken, fish, and prawns. Marinate each one of them during the previous night. But avoid using the same marination for each one of them. It is always fun to combine distinct herbs and spices for each marinade. The key to a successful BBQ Party menu is not to miss out these side-dishes – Mint and Coriander Chutney, Corn Salsa, Spring Onion Raita, Tortiall Wraps/Taco Shells/Roomali Roti, and tons of fresh salad. With these essentials on your table, nothing can hold you from hosting a super fun BBQ Party.
Hope you enjoy these Tandoori Prawns and other BBQ Recipes. So grill ‘em up soon, and eat them up quickly, because I guarantee they will disappear fast with a crowd.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Tandoori Prawns Recipes
- 500- gram jumbo prawns cleaned and tails intact
- Juice of one lemon
- Few chopped coriander leaves
Ingredients For Marinade:
- 1/3 Cup thick yoghurt curd
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon Tandoori Masala Optional
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil sarson oil
- Clean, devein and rinse the shrimps. Leave the tail intact.Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Whisk to combine well.Add the prawns to the marinade and mix nicely.Let the prawns sit in the marinade overnight or for at-least 1 hour.Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 10 – 15 minutes before threading the prawns.Thread the marinated prawns onto the bamboo skewers, set aside.Grill the prawns on a charcoal barbecue/grill pan until they are cooked and slightly charred on both the sides.Prawns do not take more than 15 minutes to get perfectly grilled.Drizzle lemon juice and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves just before serving.Serve Tandoori Prawns with Mint and Coriander Chutney.