Tandoori Gobi is a delicious, gluten-free, vegetarian tikka recipe. It is one of the best ways to stuff yourself with the goodness of cauliflower without indulging in too many calories. Be sure to watch the video!
I love cauliflower. It is a versatile vegetable that can be turned into anything fulfilling and tasty.
You can call these cauliflower bites gobi tikka, cauliflower skewers, or tandoori gobi. Whatever the name, Tandoori Gobi Tikka is a lip-smacking, healthy snack.
Tikka means ‘bits’ or bite-size pieces. Hence, the dish got its name – gobi (cauliflower) tikka.
This veg tikka, like my paneer tikka is utterly simple to make, requires minimal preparation, is meal prep friendly, and is a crowd-pulling BBQ snack.
Meal Prep For Tandoori Gobi
Gobi Tikka is a meal-prep-friendly recipe. Follow these steps:
Clean and cut cauliflower into bite-size florets. Store it in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator at the beginning of the week.
Prepare the marinade for the tikka. Add cauliflower florets. Make sure each piece of cauliflower is coated well with the marinade. Transfer marinated cauliflower to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days.
Bring out the marinated cauliflower from the fridge and grill before serving.
How To Cook – 3 Ways
Pan Method: Heat a grill pan over medium flame. Grease it with a teaspoon of mustard oil. Arrange the marinated cauliflower florets in the preheated grill pan. Cook them evenly from both sides till they are crisp and charred marks appear. This usually takes 5 – 10 minutes.
Oven Method: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease the baking sheet with a teaspoon of oil. Arrange the gobi tikka on the greased tray. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or till they turn brown and crisp. Turn halfway through cooking time.
Air Fryer Method: Arrange marinated cauliflower in the basket or tray of an air fryer. Spray cooking oil over the marinated florets. Cook at 180-degree celsius for 20 minutes till crisp from both sides. You can use instant pot Crispy Lid as well for the purpose.
Watch Gobi Tikka Video
The best way to serve tandoori gobi tikka is with refreshing green chutney, sliced onion, and extra lemon wedges. You can serve this veg tikka with any other dipping sauce.
The best way to reheat the leftover gobi tikka is in the air fryer or an electric BBQ for 5 minutes. It turns into crispy goodness.
More Cauliflower Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Tandoori Gobi Tikka Recipe
- Grill Pan
- 2 Cup cauliflower flortes (fresh or frozen)
- 6 Cup water
Ingredients for the Marinade
- 1 Cup curd or yogurt (dahi)
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 teaspoon Tandoori Masala (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala ( see recipe )
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and cut the cauliflower into bite size florets. Not very small.
- Boil water in a deep sauepan with a teaspoon or two of salt. Add the cauliflower florets in the boiling water and cook for 3 – 5 minutes (just enough to blanch them). Turn off the heat.
- Drain the water and transfer the florets to a metal colander. Allow them to cool and pat dry with a kitche towel or let sit in the colander for 15 – 20 minutes
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Whisk nicely to form a smooth, lump-free marinade.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the marinade. Mix nicely to coat each piece evenly with the marinade.
- Marinade the cauliflower florets for minimum 1 hour and maximum overnight.
- Now to cook the cauliflower florets you can use a grill pan or oven.
- You can bake it as well. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a baking tray with a teaspoon of oil. Arrange the gobi tikka on the greased tray. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or till they turn brown and crisp.
- For cooking on a grill pan, heat the pan over medium-high flame. Brush it with mustard oil. Arrange tikka skewers on the hot pan. Cook till crisp and charred. Keep turning the skewers at regular intervals for even cooking.
- Serve Tandoori Gobi Tikka with Green Chutney.