Orange Iced Tea is a refreshing summer iced tea recipe packed with the flavor of fresh oranges. Make a large batch of this orange iced tea for the hot summer afternoons because it is going to get over fast.
This is the summertime in India and we are waiting eagerly for the local shower to make the weather pleasant again. I love the summer afternoon quietness, it is dull yet so inspiring and fills me with so many inspiring recipe ideas such as this orange flavored iced tea.
In the fridge, a lot of reshuffling going on as cabinets are now full of juices, fresh fruits, aerated drinks, and iced tea…. this year I am shaking up a lot of fruit-based beverages. To my surprise, they are ultra refreshing and super energizing. You must be thinking I am using all these exaggerated words to describe my summer drink recipes but trust me they are the best thirst quenchers.
What tea makes the best iced tea?
Black tea is the best for making a basic iced tea at home. If you can get your hands on Indian origin Assam or Darjeeling tea then nothing like it. The color of the iced tea also comes out stunning when prepared using black tea leaves. Other good alternatives are Earl Grey tea, green tea, and chamomile tea.
How long does iced tea last?
Iced tea is best consumed fresh or within 8 hours. After a day or two, the taste and color are a bit changed. However, it remains good to consume in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.
Orange Iced Tea Ingredients:
We need only 5-ingredients to make orange iced tea at home from scratch. In just 15 minutes you have a refreshing summer drink ready on the table.
Tea: Try to use high-quality tea for making the iced tea at home. Make sure that the tea leaves are not too old or stales. Else, the flavor of the iced tea would not be so good and refreshing.
Orange: For the orange flavor, one can use fresh or canned orange juice. A few slices of orange can also be added in the iced tea for a natural taste. But make sure that the orange slices are not bitter.
Sweetener: From granulated white sugar, syrup to organic honey, there are multiple options to sweeten the iced tea. If you are using a sweetened orange juice for making the iced tea then taste and add the additional sweetening agent accordingly.
Watch How To Make Lemon Iced Tea:
Try these summer drink recipes also:
For more such fun recipes in your life subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Orange Iced Tea Recipe
- 2 tablespoon loose black tea (chai patti)
- 6 Cups of water
- 1/4 Cup granulated white sugar or to taste
- 2 Cup unsweetened orange juice
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 5 – 6 fresh mint leaves
- 4 – 5 thin orange slices with skin
- Boil water and sugar in a saucepan. Turn off the heat once sugar is dissolved.
- Add the loose tea leaves or the tea bags. Cover the pan with a lid. Steep the tea for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Strain the tea in a jar, keeping the liquid and discarding the leaves. Allow the brewed tea to cool down.
- Stir in the orange juice. Let sit in the fridge until served.
- To serve, put ice cubes in each glass along with a orange slice and mint leaves.
- Pour chilled iced tea on each glass. Enjoy!
- You can use tea bags as well instead of loose tea leaves.
- Do not steep or boil the tea for more than 5 minutes.
- If you are using sugar as a sweetener, it is important to dissolve it in boiling water before adding tea leaves/tea bags.