Mango salsa is a chunky fresh mango and red pepper spiced gluten-free dip. It is a versatile summer salsa that one can eat with burritos, rolls or even nachos or tortilla chips. Fresh mango salsa comes together in 15 minutes and requires a handful of ingredients.
What is salsa?
Salsa is a rustic side-dish originating in Mexico. Its main ingredient is mostly tomato – which is where it gets its classic red color from. Salsa is a real outburst of flavors. Unlike other sauces, salsa is not completely smooth in texture. Salsa is the best dip to scoop with chips or to eat straight from the jar.
Fresh Mango Salsa…
Mango red pepper salsa is a multipurpose condiment that is made of ripe mangoes, red peppers and fresh flavors that are delicious, vibrant and a perfect refresher for the summer season.
Mango Red Pepper Salsa Ingredients:
The base: The main ingredient of this salsa recipe is fresh, sweet and ripe mangoes. Red pepper and green chili make the salsa hot and spicy.
The herbs: Most salsas have some form of herbs for freshness – cilantro, basil or parsley are great options
The dressing: Honey, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, or pure extra virgin olive oil and be added to make the salsa bit saucy.
How To Make Mango Salsa?
Step 1: Choose some ripe, sweet mangoes. Peel and chop them into 1-inch cubes. (For every two mangoes, add one medium-sized red bell pepper. This is the proportion to be followed for the right notes of flavor in the salsa.) Chop the bell pepper into small cubes as well. Add small red onion and a handful of finely chopped fresh herbs.
Step 2: For the seasoning of the salsa, whisk together lemon juice, salt, and any olive oil using a whisk or a fork. Now, pour the dressing over the salsa and gently toss the salsa. Cover with cling film or a lid and chill for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Ways To Use Mango Red Pepper Salsa
Serve mango pepper salsa with chips, nachos or grilled BBQ meats as a refreshing summer dipping sauce.
Layer it inside the burritos or tacos for the real fresh riot of flavors.
Slice your favorite bread, grill it for few seconds and top with each slice with the homemade mango pepper salsa.
Love Mango? Try this Mango Recipes:
For more such fun recipes in your life subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Fresh Mango Salsa
- 2 Cup firm ripe mangoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 Cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 Cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 jalapeno pepper or green chili fine chopped
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped cilantro or coriander
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine diced mango, red bell pepper, onion, chili and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add salt. Mix and gently mash nicely using a fork.
- Pour olive oil, lemon juice and mix the salsa nicely. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Set the salsa aside for few minutes or keep in the fridge before serving for flavors to mature.
- Serve fresh mango salsa with nachos or chips.
- After mixing dressing to the salsa I always keep it for 20 – 30 minutes aside or in the fridge for the flavors to mature.
- You can also replace mangoes with peaches if mangoes aren’t currently in season in your part of the world.