Eggless Banana Loaf Cake is a delicious, quick to bake, tea-time treat recipe, perfect for the gloomy November evenings. With some over-ripe banana sitting in the fridge, banana loaf cake is a nice idea to utilize them. We replaced butter with olive oil in the recipe to reduce the calorie count of this cake. I am a big time fan of simple, tea-time bakes. And often, on my blog, you will find cakes which are super easy to make and look extremely fancy with a cup of coffee. Few of our all-time favourite tea-time bakes from the blog are – Strawberry Cake, Orange Cake, Lemon Pound Cake. Ohhh, we love them all. These are not really dessert cakes, but a tea-time or snack cake, good for that energy boost during breakfast or evening cup of tea/coffee. But of course, with a dollop of fresh cream or a plain vanilla ice-cream, these naked cakes can be served as a dessert.
If you want to make this banana loaf cake even more irresistible, add few chocolate chips. The combination of banana and chocolate is truly delectable. The reason for this brief blog post is the occupied work schedule, lingering deliverables deadline, and the over-burdened creative insight. This is all keeping me away from the blog. For the month of November, I planned some exciting content, but now I could forsee shifting those plans for the month of December. Till then, if you’re needing some simple tea-time bake recipe, I highly recommend Eggless Banana Loaf Cake. I have some more interesting recipes coming soon on the blog, so stay tuned.
Also, hope you noticed that we have already shared two recipe videos on the blog. You can watch them here and here. Maybe, it’s time we should ask you how’d you like them? If you have any suggestions for the recipe videos then please share with us in the comments below or write an email to us. And please subscribe to our Youtube Channel to not miss any of the recently uploaded recipe videos.
Easy Eggless Banana Cake Video Recipe:
Eggless Banana Loaf Cake Recipe
Eggless Banana Loaf Cake is a delicious, quick to bake, tea-time treat recipe. Learn how to make a banana cake at home in few simple steps.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 9 inch cake
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour maida
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour atta
- 3/4 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 overripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup yogurt curd
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven at 180° C and prepare your loaf pan by greasing it a teaspoon of butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together both the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add sugar, chocolate chips, mix nicely and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl ( buy it here ), mash the bananas nicely until no lumps remain.
- Combine oil, yogurt and vanilla extract with the mashed bananas.
- Whisk until just mixed to a smooth and creamy consistency, approximately for 5 minutes. You can also use a hand blender to ease the process of mixing.
- Add the flour mixture in batches into the liquid ingredients, gently folding the batter with a spatula, till all the flour is incorporated into the cake batter and no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown, well risen and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once it cools down a bit, slice and serve.
Recommended Equipment: Mixing Bowl Set ( buy it here )
Watch Recipe Video
Love this? Pin it for Later!Follow @hinagujral on Pinterest!