Jamun Masala Soda is one of the best summer drinks. It is all-natural color, no preservatives, gluten-free, vegan, and 100% tasty. Jamun Masala Soda is one of the easiest ways to enjoy the abundance of Jamun.
I love Jamun for its piquant flavor, vibrant hue, fibrous texture, and they shine when paired with contrasting flavors such as spices and lemon. All you have to be creative with the crimson shades of the fruit.
Jamun, the purple berry is widely popular across the Indian subcontinent. It is not the same as blackberry. In fact, Jamun has a tiny stone inside. It has a sweet, sour, and acidic taste.
Jamun needs a little touch of spices and salt to be transformed into a refreshing, hydrating summer drink. Or you can transform into sweet goodness such as frozen jamun yogurt.
You can prepare the same recipe with blueberries, strawberries, or any other seasonal berry as well. The combination of fresh berries, lemon, and spices jazzed up with soda is an absolute knockout summer drink.
More Indian Summer Drink Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Jamun Masala Soda
- 100 gram Jamun (Java Plum)
- Juice of 4 lemon
- 2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- Salt to taste
- 1 bottle of club soda (drinking soda)
- Rinse the Jamun nicely with water. Allow them to dry or pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Arrange Jamun in a bowl and sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt.
- Let the Jamun sit with salt for 30 minutes.
- Once the Jamun turn soft mash them using your fingers.
- Discard the seeds and collect the pulp in a separate bowl.
- Puree the Jamun pulp in the blender ( buy it here ) using 1/4 Cup of water. Set aside.
- Combine the lemon juice, chaat masala, salt and cumin powder in a glass. Mix nicely.
- Now add a tablespoon of Jamun pulp in each serving glass.
- Add the equal amount of lemon juice mixture in each glass.
- Add the ice cubes.
- Pour soda in each glass till filled. Stir nicely.
- Serve Jamun Masala Soda immediately.