If you have wondered how to make chicken meatballs that are delicious with fewer calories look no further. We have got you the best Asian style meatballs recipe. Serve these with fried rice or noodles for a totally tasty family meal.
Chicken Meatballs were on my mind for a long time. It took me few trials to get the baked meatballs perfect.
Drench them in a bold bolognese sauce and serve with spaghetti or simmer them in a creamy mushroom sauce. Either, ways they are truly delicious.
My favorite way of enjoying chicken meatballs is in a sweet and spicy Asian style sauce or gravy along with fried rice.
Asian Chicken Meatballs are flavorsome, gratifying, and not too high in calories. Super easy to prepare as well.
Meal-Prep For Chicken Meatballs:
Meatballs: Prepare the mixture and shape the meatballs a few hours or a day before. Keep them in the fridge (not freezer). Just before dinner time, pop them in the oven (they need only 20 – 25 minutes). Meanwhile, prepare the sauce and boil the noodles simultaneously.
In less than an hour, the Chinese takeaway style meal is ready at home.
Baked Chicken Meatballs can be stored in the fridge for a week. Re-heat them in a microwave and then simmer in the sauce of your choice.
In case, you are not too keen on baking the meatballs. Go ahead, and deep-fry them. Like how I did in chicken cheese balls. This will require an extra effort but some people find it totally worth it.
The Asian Style Sauce…
This Asian style sauce is very easy to make and requires minimal prep work. From chicken meatballs to stir-fry shrimps, you can add any meat of your choice in this versatile sauce.
You can serve meatballs as a snack or simmer them in this finger-licking good sweet, spicy, and garlicky sauce for a takeaway style main-course.
What Can You Serve With Asian Chicken Meatballs?
You can serve chicken meatballs with:
steamed jasmine rice
or for a healthy twist serve them with quinoa or cauliflower rice
Regardless, of the fact, once you try Asian Chicken Meatballs they will become your dinner time favorite family meal.
Tips To Make BEST Baked Chicken Meatballs:
Always use the ground chicken and not minced chicken for making meatballs.
If the meatball mixture is very wet/sticky, keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Do not add any flour in the ground chicken. The meatballs will become tough and doughy.
Make sure all the meatballs are of the same size and of bite-size. Uneven and too big meatballs often remain uncooked from the inside.
Baking time may vary depending on the oven and the size of the meatballs. So check meatballs after 20 minutes.
More Chicken Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Asian Chicken Meatballs
- 500 gram ground chicken (keema)
- 1/4 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients For Sauce
- 1/4 Cup chopped spring onion (white stalk)
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 1 Cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon spring onion greens chopped
To Make Chicken Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a bowl. Mix nicely to form a dough.
- Grease your hands with oil. Scoop a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture – should make 20 – 25 depending on the size. Keep them in the fridge if not baking immediately.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil. Arrange meatballs on the sheet. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown from outside, fully cooked, and soft from inside.
To Make Asian Style Sauce:
- Heat oil in a wok or stir-fry pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic, onion, and stir-fry for a minute.
- Now add the sauces, salt, pepper along with 1 Cup of water, and stir to combine.
- Dissolve corn starch in 2 tablespoons of water and add to the sauce. Stir continuously in a clockwise motion to avoid any lumps. Simmer the sauce over low heat till it thickens. This usually takes 5 – 6 minutes.
- Always use the ground chicken and not minced chicken for making meatballs.
- If the meatball mixture is very wet, add one or two tablespoons more of breadcrumbs and/or refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Do not add any flour in the ground chicken. The meatballs will become tough and doughy.
- Make sure all the meatballs are of the same size and of bite-size.
- Baking time may vary depending on the oven and the size of the meatballs.
- You store the baked meatballs in the fridge for a week. Re-heat them before serving.