Chicken Cheese Balls are the best cheese-loaded snacks for any fun party. Serve them with your favorite creamy, herby dip or sauce and you will never go back to those frozen cheese ball packets. Who knew that it could be this easy to make cheese balls right at home from scratch.
Can there be any better party snacks than the crispy, cheesy chicken balls? Probably not! This could be the best-fried snacks you have ever made at home in recent times.
I wonder what took us so long to make cheese balls from scratch. Most likely, it was the fear of not getting the perfectly melted cheese inside the crisp chicken ball. But to be honest, it was not that tough to achieve perfection in making chicken cheese balls. All you need is a foolproof recipe to yield ultimate cheese balls.
As far as the chicken ball recipe is concerned, it’s pretty much similar to my Asian chicken meatballs recipe. I use all the time, a couple of eggs, some breadcrumbs, and some herbs. You can’t go wrong with meatballs. A true comfort meal!
We are going totally crazy about chicken meatballs this season. You can bake them, fry them, or you can stuff them with cheese and make a totally irresistible snack. And the good news is you can bake these chicken balls as well. Simply preheat oven at 180-degree Celsius, grease bake tray with oil and bake chicken balls for 20 – 25 minutes depending on the size. Totally fuss-free!
Which cheese to use for chicken cheese balls?
Any good quality pizza cheese is ideally perfect for the cheese balls. Why? Because it will quickly melt while deep-frying and will give you the delicious cheese lava at the center of the chicken balls.
I mostly use mozzarella cheese for this recipe. Cut it into small pieces that could easily fit inside the chicken balls. In my opinion, regular processed cheese might not be a good option for making cheese balls. Or for say any snack where you want the cheese to melt.
Can I make them ahead?
Yes, of course. I always have a soft spot for make-ahead party appetizers. All you need to do shape the chicken balls and keep them in the freezer. Once you are ready for deep-frying, bring them out of the fridge, coat in flour, egg white and breadcrumbs and fry.
On most occasions, I shape them one hour before the party and keep the tray in the fridge. This trick really helps to serve delicious cheese balls in no time. And surely you are going to win many compliments for being a perfect hostess. They are crunchy, full of delicious flavor and were gone just as quickly.
Watch Step By Step Chicken Cheese Balls Video:
More Snack Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Chicken Cheese Balls
- 500 gram ground chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida)
- Oil for deep-frying
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
Ingredients For Coating:
- 1 Cup corn flour (corn starch)
- 1 egg white
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- Combine chicken, egg yolk, spring onion, coriander, chilli flakes, herb mix, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix nicely.
- Next, add the flour and once again mix the batter.
- Place one piece of the cheese in the centre of the disc and cover it with the chicken batter. Shape the disc into a round ball. Set aside. Similarly, shape all the chicken balls.
- Keep the shaped cheese balls in the fridge while you heat oil.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan over medium-high flame.
- Arrange coating ingredients – corn flour, egg white and breadcrumbs near the gas stove.
- Coat cheese ball first with corn flour, dip in egg white and then coat in breadcrumbs. Now deep-fry it in the pre-heated oil. Similarly, follow the coating steps for all the meatballs and deep fry.
- Deep-fry the chicken balls till they are golden and crisp from the outside. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve chicken cheese balls immediately with your favourite dip or sauce.