Basil pesto pasta is every bit as luscious and comforting. We are talking about a plant-powered creamy sauce that is so full to the brim with good things such as basil, nuts, cheese and olive oil that it’s guaranteed that you are literally going to freak out about the velvety texture of this sauce. And it is super healthy too. My only advice doesn’t cook the pesto sauce for too long. It is not meant for robust cooking. More you cook it and more nutrients get killed in the sauce. As simple as that. And why to cook eat when one can taste the freshness in it when just out of the blender.
Hope you know about this Pinterest Board of ours called – Green Recipes Revolution. It has the huge collection of green recipes from all over the world. Isn’t that a cool way to compile all the fantastic green recipes at one place?
Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 500 gm Del Monte Penne Pasta
- 1/3 Cup Basil Pesto Sauce see recipe
- 1/4 Cup Cherry Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 5 - 6 black olives sliced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make pesto sauce, follow the ( recipe ).
- Store pesto sauce in a clean and dry jar in the fridge or use it immediately.
- Boil water in a saucepan and add a pinch of salt to it. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions till al dente.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and add a tablespoon of olive oil over the pasta, toss nicely and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pesto sauce and cook for a second or so.
- Add the boiled pasta, sun dried tomatoes and olives. Mix nicely. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the pasta. Serve Classic Basil Pesto Pasta immediately with a slice of bread.