Looking for an easy microwave chocolate cake recipe? We have got one for you. This recipe is a savior for those who want to bake a super moist, spongy, and a rich chocolate cake in a microwave. So no need to switch on your oven to make this easy chocolate cake. All you need is a microwave and just 20 minutes!
With readers of the blog continuously requesting a foolproof, tried and tested microwave cake recipe, and my oven is under repair, it gave me enough reasons to experiment with microwave baking.
Microwave Cake isn’t supposed to be boring, dry, and far from delicious. In fact, this microwave chocolate cake recipe has become one of our favorite sweet fixations – one it has no butter, second it takes just 5 minutes to bake, and third with a layer of ganache the cake can compete with any oven baked counterparts.
By now you might have realized that I am obsessed with chocolate cakes. And few chocolate Indian food recipes from the blog are just perfect to satisfy those midnight chocolate cravings. It is also a pleasant change of scene from talking about Indian food recipes focused solely on spices!
Chocolate recipes every chocolate lover must try:
SECRETS OF A PERFECT MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE:
- Before you are measuring ingredients, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Be precise with the measurement of the ingredients. A cake batter prepared with rightly measured ingredients always yield a perfect cake. Measure the requisite ingredients using the standard measuring cups/spoons or a digital weighing machine.
- You need to bake this microwave cake for exactly 5 minutes, covered at 800 watts. For covering the cake pan, use either the cling film or the lid of the pan. But covering the batter while baking is a must to prevent ending up with a dry cake.
- Last but not the least, do not mix the cake batter for more than 2 – 3 minutes. Once no flour streaks or lumps remain, stop mixing.
- Any flavourless/odourless vegetables oil or olive oil is good enough for the microwave cake recipe.
- A good quality unsweetened cocoa powder is best for this recipe. If you are using sweetened cocoa powder, adjust the amount of sugar accordingly.
Don’t worry about all the serious instructions shared above. This is a simple, fuss-free, easy to bake microwave chocolate cake. Trust me after the first trial, you are surely going to bookmark this recipe.
Gooey chocolate mug cake — delish and ready in 5 minutes
Did you know that this cake can be baked in mugs as well? Pour the prepared cake batter into individual coffee mugs and baked for 2 – 3 minutes. A gooey chocolate mug cake is ready to be relished with ice-cream in less than 5 minutes.
If you want to make these microwave mug cakes even more decadent add a tablespoon of chocolate chips in each cup just before popping them in the microwave.
I can bet all the members of the family including the young ones, would love this microwave mug cake to the core. And eventually, it would become family’s favourite midnight dessert.
How To Make An Eggless Chocolate Cake?
My eggless chocolate cake recipe is the perfect answer to the above question. It is fudgy, super moist and so easy to prepare from start to finish. Therefore, I feel really lucky to finally have one eggless cake recipe that is perfect to the tee.
And the best part is you can bake this eggless chocolate cake in microwave convection as well. All you need to do is reduce the baking time by just 5 minutes.
Or ideal would be to check the cake for doneness after 30 minutes. Because it takes lesser time to bake a cake in microwave convection. But be assured about the taste and texture of the cake baked in a convection oven. It will never disappoint you.
Watch How To Make Microwave Chocolate Cake:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Microwave Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Cup caster sugar or powdered sugar
- 1/4 Cup lukewarm water
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache
- 100 gram dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 5 tablespoon cream
- Sift flour, baking powder, coffee powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Now add olive oil, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar. Mix nicely. Make sure no lumps or flour streaks remain in the cake batter. Do not mix the batter for too long.
- Pour lukewarm water and combine the cake batter once again to get a smooth consistency.
- Grease a round microwave-safe dish with a teaspoon of butter.
- Pour the prepared batter cake batter into the dish. Gently tap to pop any air bubbles. Cover the dish with a lid or cling foil.
- Microwave on full power (800 watts) for 5 minutes. Insert a skewer and check if the cake is cooked. If it comes out clean it is ready.
- Allow cake to stand for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cling film and turn out onto a cooling rack.
Prepare Chocolate Ganache:
- Melt the chocolate in microwave on half power (600 watts) for approximately 2 minutes, stirring every 30 secs until melted.
- Add the cream and mix thoroughly until the ganache turns smooth and glossy.
- Spread the chocolate ganache over the cake only when it cools down to room temperature.
- Cut slices of microwave chocolate cake and serve.