Air Fryer Green Beans are a fantastic, healthy, and tasty side dish. They have a perfect crunch, a bright green colour and require minimal effort.
Tossed simply with olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic, green beans in the air fryer become tender beautifully in a fraction of the time without heating the stovetop.
Air Fryer Green Beans are one of my favourite side dishes. Reason:
- so easy to make
- requires minimal oil
- vegan and gluten-free
- not much prep work involved
- ready in less than 20 minutes
- perfect side dish for busy days
In addition, this side dish can be easily personalized with your favourite spices and seasoning.
Fresh Green Beans: Use tender French green beans that are blemish-free, longer in size, and bright green. Fresh green beans should snap when broken in half.
Garlic: I add garlic powder and finely minced garlic for that extra punch.
Seasoning: Salt, Pepper, Red Paprika Powder, Chilli Flakes, Thyme
Nuts: I sprinkle sliced almonds over green beans for crunchiness, nutritional benefits, and a nutty taste. You can sprinkle roasted sesame seeds, walnuts, pine nuts, or crushed peanuts.
Olive Oil is required to make the seasoning stick to the green beans.
Optional Ingredients: Parmesan Cheese, Oregano, Parsley
How To Make
Step 1) Wash green beans with water. Pat dry them with a clean kitchen towel.
Step 2) Remove the tip of the beans using a knife. Cut them in half if they are too big.
Step 3) Preheat the air fryer to 180-degree celsius.
Step 4) Combine green beans, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and red paprika in a bowl. Mix to coat beans with the oil and seasoning.
Step 5) Spread them evenly on a single layer in an air fryer basket. Air Fry for 5 minutes. Shaking them once or twice during the cooking process.
Step 6) Transfer air fryer green beans to a serving bowl. Sprinkle chilli flakes and sliced almonds.
Air Fryer Green Beans are ready to serve.
Air Fryer Green Beans are an excellent vegetarian side dish that you can serve with grilled meats, steaks, gravy dishes, pasta main course, or with vegetable casseroles like shepherd’s pie.
I like to eat them as a healthy, filling snack in between my meals. They are perfect for food lovers looking for minimal-calorie vegetable recipes.
FAQs Related To Air Fryer Green Beans
No. The only thing that you should do before cooking green beans is make sure that you wash them off to get rid of dirt and pat them dry.
Yes. Thaw them as per packet instructions before proceeding with the recipe instructions.
No need. Coat green beans with spices and air fry.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter or follow us on Youtube for video recipes.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 200 gram French Green Beans
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red paprika
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teapoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Wash green beans with water. Pat dry them with a clean kitchen towel. Make sure they are not wet or have water droplets.
- Remove the tip of the beans using a knife. Cut them in half if they are too big. Or keep the length intact.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180-degree celsius.
- In a bowl combine green beans, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and red paprika. Mix to coat beans with the oil and seasoning.
- Spread them evenly on a single layer in an air fryer basket. Air Fry for 5 minutes. Shaking them once or twice during the cooking process. Do not cook for too long; otherwise, the beans will turn black.
- Transfer air fryer green beans to a serving bowl. Sprinkle chilli flakes and sliced almonds.
- Serve air fryer green beans with the main course of your choice.
Leave Your Rating & Comment