Introducing our new cool way to eat golgappa – Cheese Golgappa Pakora. The cheese golgappa pakora is the masala potato stuffed Indian style fritters loaded with cheese. Serve golgappa pakora with my signature mint chutney to spice up the flavors on the snack table.
How did I even get the idea of making fritters using golgappa aka pani puri? All thanks to the talented ladies in the husband’s family who always keep on trying and testing easy snack recipes.
These fritters are a popular snack in his family. Often served during the festive season, dinner parties, or at family get-togethers.
The addition of cheese in the mashed potato stuffing made these fritters even more exquisite.
Perfectly crispy from the outside with a melt in the mouth kind of cheesy interior. And the best part nobody can tell with a first bite that these fritters are prepared with pani puri shells.
Secret Tips To Make Perfect Cheese Golgappa Pakora:
Try to use a bit thick, fresh and crisp golgappa shells for the recipe. The stale and not so crisp pani puri shells are a big no for making these fritters.
Use a good quality mozzarella or pizza cheese for a gooey, melting, cheesy stuffing.
Once you stuff the potato filling inside the golgappa deep-fry them quickly. Otherwise, the shells will soften and turn soggy within a few seconds with the moisture of the potato filling.
The gram flour batter should be of dipping consistency. It should cling to the shells but not too thick.
It is always best to deep-fry the fritters for a crunchy and crisp outer covering.
Other Crispy Indian Snacks You Might Like:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Cheese Golgappa Pakora Recipe
- 8 – 10 golgappa or panipuri shells
- Refined Oil to deep-fry
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- 4 medium – size potato, peeled and boiled
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
Ingredients For Batter:
- 1/2 Cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 Cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
Prepare Potato Stuffing:
- Mash the boiled potato. Add onion, salt, seasoning, and mix nicely. Make sure no lumps remain in the potato filling. Set aside until required.
- Make a thick batter of dipping consistency using gram flour, rice flour, salt, chili powder, and water. Whisk nicely to prepare a smooth lump-free batter. Set aside.
- Gently tap on top of pani puri ball to make a small opening in the shell.
- Stuff it with the potato mixture and one small cube of cheese. Similarly, prepare all the fritters.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high flame.
- Dip each ball in the gram flour batter and deep fry till evenly crisp from outside. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel or place in a metal colander/sieve.
- Serve Cheese Golgappa Pakora with green chutney ( see recipe ) and tomato ketchup.