Rajma and Dalia Tikki Sandwich get substance from the vegetarian patty and fresh vegetables and gooey love from the mint mayonnaise. These red kidney beans tikki sandwiches are a perfect vegetarian version of any chicken sandwich and full of healthy ingredients – beans, broken wheat, and oats. I often indulge myself in these sandwiches without worrying much about the calories. Sometimes I use these Rajma Tikki in my wraps as well, topped with generous helping of salad dressing and greens, which is totally divine!!! Needless to mention specifically that these Rajma and Dalia Tikki are 100% vegetarian, and would be equally delectable made into smaller patties, served atop green salad as an appetizer.
We don’t mind indulging in good sandwiches like this one for a quick weekday lunch. If you have some leftover rajma masala sitting in the fridge from the previous day, then Rajma and Dalia Tikki is the ideal way to use it up. You can use canned or freshly boiled red kidney beans as well to make these patties, no need to wait for the left over rajma masala. I have used minimal sauces and seasoning to flavor this sandwich, as we want the taste and texture of Rajma Tikki to shine out. Any crusty, artisan bread would be a great choice to sandwich these delicious rajma patties. We have picked garlic and herb bread for this sandwich, and the size of the bread slices is just perfect to complement the patties. This Rajma and Dalia Tikki Sandwich is cool and creamy thanks to the mayonnaise, plus it’s crunchy thanks to the patty and veggies. In case you were looking for the perfect sandwich for the breakfast or tea-time snacks, then you will surely bookmark this recipe.
Learn how to make Rajma and Dalia Tikki in few simple steps. If you like this recipe, then follow our Pinterest Board to get the entire collection of World Recipes.
Rajma and Dalia Tikki Sandwich
Rajma and Dalia Tikki Sandwich get substance from the vegetarian patty and fresh vegetables and gooey love from the mint mayonnaise. Learn how to make red kidney beans patty sandwiches in few simple steps.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for the tikki
- 12 bread slices
- 2 tbsp mint mayonnaise
- Sliced cucumber and onion
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- If you have leftover rajma, collect the beans from the curry in a separate bowl.
- Pressure cook the broken wheat in 1 Cup of water for 1 whistle over medium heat. Allow the cooked dalia to cool down completely.
- Once the dalia cool down, combine all the ingredients to make the tikki except oil.
- Mix well using spatula or your fingers. If the mixture seems wet and sticky add a tablespoon or so of gram flour or oats powder. Mash it nicely.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Press gently with your fingers to make a flat 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick tikki. Similarly, shape the remaining tikki.
- While you preheat the oil for frying the tikki, keep them in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. In small batches, shallow fry the tikki till crisp and golden from both the sides. Do not flip the tikki more than once or twice while frying. usually, medium-high heat is the right temperature to shallow-fry the tikki.
- Transfer tikki in a plate lined with paper towel and set aside.
- To assemble the sandwich, place tikki over a slice of the bread.
- Top it with cucumber and onion slices, add a spoonful of mint mayonnaise and tomato ketchup.
- Cover the sandwich with another slice of the bread. Gently press and grill for 1 - 2 minutes on a sandwich maker. You can enjoy this sandwich without grilling as well.
To make mint mayonnaise at home combine 4 tbsp of plain mayonnaise with 2 tsp of green chutney. Mix nicely, taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
love what you see? Follow @hinagujral on Pinterest!