Grilled Pineapple Salad Recipe
I love fresh fruits salad, that sweetness and citrusy juices of fruits give the salad a refreshing punch. Pear, Pineapple, Apple, Globe Grapes and Mango are few of our favorite fruits that always make a delicious salad. Grilled Pineapple Salad has a tropical feel and flavor to it. The smokiness of charred pineapple is combined with the heat of bell pepper and creaminess of feta cheese dressing to create a summer perfect salad. The feta cheese dressing compliments the sweetness of Pineapple perfectly, and the crunchiness of vegetables make this salad hard to resist. Grilled Pineapple Salad is technically our weekday lunch. On a busy working day, we prefer meals that are light on the stomach and has a fulfilling nature as well. And Grilled Pineapple Salad fits these criteria very well.
During the summers season, we literally survive on salads and smoothies. And what could be the best way than salads to include plenty of seasonal fruits in the diet. But most of us struggle with the idea of how to add fruits to the daily diet. Read our article on ‘How to Add Fruits to Your Daily Diet
.’ Apart from Grilled Pineapple Salad
, Farm Fresh Pasta Salad
, and Orange – Mixed Green Salad
are favorite summer salad recipes. The best part about these salad recipes is they require minimum cook and advanced preparation. All you need to do is chopping and mixing. And of course, a cool salad bowl
(buy it here
) is a must have an item to serve the gorgeous looking salad in style.
Learn how to make Grilled Pineapple Salad in few simple steps:
Grilled Pineapple Salad
- 1 medium-size pineapple cut into round slices
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 Cup lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate pearls
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 tsp fresh cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 1/4 tsp za'tar spice mix (optional)
- With a sharp knife, cut off the crown and the base of pineapple.
- Remove the skin and cut round slices of pineapple into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices.
- Grill the pineapple slices on a greased grill pan over medium heat, turning once.
- Place the diced pepper in the same pan for grilling.
- Grill pineapple and pepper till charred marks appear on them. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine all the ingredients for dressing in a bowl and whisk using a fork. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a salad bowl ( buy it here ). Add the grilled pineapple and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the the salad gently in the dressing.
- Drizzle honey, olive oil and lemon juice over the salad.
- Sprinkle pomegranate pearls and serve the grilled pineapple salad.
- Recommended Equipment: Salad Bowl ( buy it here )
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to our newsletter!!
Sign Up To Have New Recipes Delivered Straight To Your Inbox (For Free)!