If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups 150 grams all purpose flour
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tbsp milk room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup 150 grams granulated white sugar
- 13 tablespoons 185 grams unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
For the glaze
- ¼ Cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp powdered white sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In the bowl place the dry ingredients (sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar) and mix nicely using spatula or wire whisk.
- Add the cubed butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low speed with hand mixer ( Buy it here) or electric mixer until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add little more of egg mixture, lemon juice and increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for about one minute to aerate and develop the cake’s structure. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add the remaining egg mixture, in 2 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg and strengthen the cake’s structure.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If you find the cake browning too much as it bakes, cover with a piece of lightly buttered aluminum foil after about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- For the glaze, mix in lemon and sugar and pour over the cake. Before pouring glaze over the cake poke tiny holes in the cake with a toothpick so that glaze penetrates deep inside the cake.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- The Pound Cake can be covered and stored for several days at room temperature, for one week when refrigerated, or it can be frozen for two months.