Eggless Banana Bread is a soft, moist, egg-free teatime bake recipe. With some over-ripe banana sitting in the fridge, baking a loaf of banana bread is the best way to utilize them. The USP of this banana bread is it has zero butter.
I LOVE Banana Bread, Because:
- super easy to make
- has zero butter
- does not require eggs
- no-knead bread recipe
How To Make Moist Banana Bread Without Eggs?
Yes, it is possible to make super moist and soft banana bread without eggs. I have baked it often and the end result is truly gratifying.
Egg Substitutes: In any baking recipe eggs help to provide moisture and the texture. In this eggless banana bread recipe, we have replaced eggs with yogurt. The thick, creamy, plain Greek yogurt or curd is best for replacing eggs. I usually follow the thumb rule of 1 Egg = ¼ Cup Yogurt.
Vegan Version: This banana bread recipe can be made vegan friendly by using dairy-free yogurts such as soy yogurt, coconut milk yogurt, or almond milk yogurt.
Popular Recipe Variations:
There are hundreds of banana bread recipe variations you can try to make it taste more delicious. Few of my favorite ones are:
Chocolate Banana Bread – with a lot of chocolate chunks and cocoa powder combined in the batter this one is the most popular flavor.
Coconut Banana Bread – Coconut and banana is a truly tropical flavor delight. Replace olive oil with virgin coconut oil, and chocolate chips with desiccated toasted coconut flakes or chips.
Banana Walnut Bread – The regular bread packed with the nuttiness of roughly chopped walnuts in the batter and on the crust.
Healthy Honey Banana Bread – To keep it healthy, replace sugar with honey or pure maple syrup. Also, you can use whole wheat flour as well instead of all-purpose flour.
Cream Cheese Banana Bread – It tastes like cheesecake with a savory, soft, melt in the mouth texture. This version is totally unique and a hit among cheese lovers.
Pro Tips To Bake Best Banana Bread At Home:
Overripe, sweet-tasting, slightly mushy banana is perfect for making the bread. Avoid using the firm or unripe banana for baking.
Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before starting the batter making process especially banana and yogurt.
Do not overmix the batter. Once batter is combined and no streaks of flour remain, STOP MIXING. It is a simple, no-fuss bread recipe for beginners. Hence, no complicated baking steps are involved.
Grease the bread tin nicely with olive oil and it will be great if you could line it neatly with a parchment/baking paper. Later, this will help you to easily pull out the bread from the tin.
Tap the baking tin gently once or twice on the kitchen counter after pouring the batter. This way all the air trapped in the batter will release.
Always insert a toothpick and check for doneness before bringing out of the oven. If the bread seems too moist or uncooked, bake for 10 – 15 minutes more.
Allow the bread to cool for 10 – 15 minutes in the tin before inverting or pulling out. Next, cool it completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Watch Eggless Banana Bread Recipe Video:
More Eggless Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Eggless Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- ¾ Cup dark brown sugar or white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ Cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ Cup chopped walnuts
- 3 overripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup yogurt/curd
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven at 180° C. Prepare your loaf pan by greasing it with a teaspoon of olive oil and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
Combine Dry Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, sift together both the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Combine Liquid Ingredients:
- In a small mixing bowl mash the bananas using a fork nicely until no lumps remain. Combine oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract with the mashed bananas.
- Whisk until just mixed to a smooth and creamy consistency, approximately for 5 minutes. You can also use a hand blender or a smoothie mixer to ease the process of mixing.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the flour mix. Gently folding the batter with a spatula, till all the flour is incorporated into the cake batter and no streaks of flour remain.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Fold them gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Evenly spread the batter using a spatula. If you prefer, sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts on top. Tap the tin on the kitchen counter to release the air trapped in the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown, well risen and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the tin for 10 – 15 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Slice and serve eggless banana bread with frosting or spread of your choice.