If you thinking that making chicken noodle soup at home requires too much time and effort then let me prove you wrong. This is a 15-minute one-pot chicken soup recipe that is delicious to the core. It has chicken, noodles, broth, vegetables, and everything else to make the best soup cum one-pot meal.
Who could say no to a good bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup? The cold winter nights are the perfect time to enjoy a warm and comforting bowl of chicken soup.
Imagine slurping noodles dunked in flavorsome chicken noodle soup while sitting by the fireplace.
A warm, delicious, chicken noodle soup is a comforting sight for the freezing winter nights.
However, it is one of those easy chicken recipes that are in demand throughout the year irrespective of the season.
Reason To LOVE This Chicken Soup
one pot soup recipe
gluten free and nut free
requires only 15 minutes
easy to cook instant pot recipe
What can I add to my chicken soup to give it flavor?
These 5 ingredients transform a bland chicken soup into a delicious bowl of goodness.
Celery: The celery stalk gives a sweet, aromatic, and lingering taste to the chicken soup. Use only the stalks and not leaves.
Garlic: It is the soul of chicken noodle soup. How much garlic is enough? I leave that decision up to you. I usually add a whole garlic pod.
Ginger: The finely chopped ginger gives a spicy and warming taste to the soup.
Coriander Stalks: Don’t throw away coriander stalks. They are a flavor bomb. The addition of coriander stalks makes this chicken noodle soup more aromatic and flavorsome.
Fresh Thyme: The sweetness of thyme when combined with ginger, garlic, and celery does something magical to the chicken soup broth.
What kind of chicken is used for making soup?
Any chicken with the bone-in gives much more flavor to the broth than a boneless piece. Pick the chicken piece with a lot of flesh/meat to shred easily.
However, you can use chicken breasts as well. It is easy to shred and cook. This chicken noodle soup is made with boneless chicken breast in 15 minutes.
If you are using frozen chicken, thaw it at room temperature or as per packet instructions before adding to the soup.
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Soup
The best part of this chicken noodle soup is the broth made from scratch.
And the instant pot cooking process makes it richer and more intense in taste.
Sauteeing: Set the SAUTE Mode of IP for 5 minutes. Add oil, garlic, ginger, celery, coriander stalks, thyme, bat leaf, and onion. Saute for 1 minute to release the aroma. Add chopped carrot and saute for a minute.
Cook Chicken: Add chicken breast and saute nicely till they turn pale white in color (image 4). Add chicken stock or plain water. Season with salt and pepper. Set PRESSURE COOK Mode for 5 minutes.
Shred Chicken: After 5 minutes, remove the cooked chicken from the broth (image 6). Rest it for 5 minutes covered with a foil. Later, shred it. Keep aside.
Noodles: Add dry noodles in the chicken broth (image 7). Set the PRESSURE COOK Mode for 5 minutes.
Final Touch: Once noodles are cooked, add shredded chicken, spinach leaves, and seasoning (if required). Stir to combine. Chicken Noodle Soup is ready!
You can serve the chicken noodle soup on its own as a one pot meal.
To make it more delicious, top it with mung bean sprouts, fried egg, crispy noodles, fried garlic, roasted peanuts, fresh spring onion, chili, or seaweed.
FAQ’s Related To Chicken Soup
What else I can add pasta to the soup instead of noodles?
This is a versatile chicken soup. Apart from noodles, you can add spaghetti, angel hair pasta, tagliatelle, or orzo pasta in this chicken soup. To make it gluten-free use rice noodles or gluten-free pasta.
Can I use water instead of stock to make chicken soup?
Yes, you can. But stock makes the soup much more flavorsome. Hence, I highly recommend using stock. If the stock is not in hand add 1 stock/bouillon cube along with water.
Can I make this chicken soup on the stovetop?
Yes, you can. Use a heavy-duty casserole with a tight-fitting lid. The cooking time might increase as chicken takes longer duration to cook on the stovetop.
How to store leftover chicken noodle soup?
Allow the soup to cool down. Transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days. After 2 days, the taste is not the same. Use glass or ceramic container rather than plastic to store the soup.
How to reheat chicken noodle soup?
The best way is in a saucepan on the stovetop. After keeping in the refrigerator the chicken soup thickens a bit. Add 1/4 cup fresh stock and heat it over medium flame on the stovetop.
Can I freeze this chicken soup?
If you are planning to freeze the chicken soup I would suggest do not add noodles. Freeze only the chicken broth. Add noodles while reheating the soup. Else, you will end up with mushy noodles gooey mess.
More Instant PotSoup Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot
Ingredients for the Stock/Broth
- 500 gram boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 100 gram egg noodles
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander stalks
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1 Cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 litre chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Cup baby spinach leaves
- Clean, wash, and pat dry the chicken.
- Set the SAUTE Mode of IP for 5 minutes. Add oil, garlic, ginger, celery, coriander stalks, thyme, bay leaf, and onion. Saute for 1 minute to release the aroma. Add chopped carrot and saute for a minute to soften the vegetable.
- Add chicken breast and saute nicely till they turn pale white in color. Add chicken stock or plain water. Season with salt and pepper. Cancel the SAUTE Mode of IP. Set PRESSURE COOK Mode for 5 minutes. Close the lid.
- After 5 minutes, when the IP beeps. Release the steam and open the lid. Remove the cooked chicken from the broth. Set it aside.
- Add dry noodles to the chicken broth. Close the lid. Set the PRESSURE COOK Mode for 5 minutes to cook the noodles in the broth.
- Meanwhile, shred the cooked chicken. Discard the bones if any.
- Once noodles are cooked, open the lid of the IP and add shredded chicken, spinach leaves. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve chicken noodle soup warm with the topping of your choice.
- If the fresh thyme is not available use dry.
- If you are using frozen chicken, thaw it at room temperature or as per packet instructions before adding to the soup.
- If the stock is not in hand add 1 stock/bouillon cube along with 1 liter of water.
- Instead of spinach, you can add any other green leafy vegetable of your choice in the chicken soup such as bok choi, kale etc.