Who could say no to a good bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup? The cold winter nights are the perfect season to enjoy the chicken noodle soup. Imagine a steaming hot bowl of flavorsome chicken noodle soup, couch, fireplace and your favorite movie on the screen. It could be a blissful winter experience. A warm, delicious chicken soup is a comforting sight for the freezing winter nights. Anyways, it is one of those easy chicken recipes that are in demand throughout the year irrespective of the season.
If you thinking that making chicken noodle soup at home requires too much time in the kitchen then let me prove you wrong. Here is the trick to make this soup real quick – prepare the chicken stock over the weekend and store in the fridge. Or you can prepare it in the slow cooker during the night, next morning strain and store. Does this sound complicated? Not to me! It is surely one of those easy chicken recipes that are worth bookmarking. In fact, I save some of the boiled chicken to add in the sandwich and salads the next day.
STEPS TO MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP REAL QUICK
- As I said make the chicken stock over the weekend or during the night. This will save you lot of time near the gas stove. Once you have the stock ready you can make soup during any time of the day.
- Chop the vegetables for the soup beforehand, pack in a ziplock bag and keep in the fridge. Last minute simply add them to the soup.
- As suggested in the recipe, cook the noodles while the soup is simmering. This step saves time as well as add flavor to the soup too.
And voila you have chicken noodle ready to relish in no time. For me, chicken noodle soup is more like a one-pot meal. It has chicken, noodles, broth, vegetables and everything else to make a best soup cum stew cum one-pot meal. And I am a huge supporter of such healthy, fulfilling and comforting meals. There is always room for such easy chicken recipes in my everyday meal plan.
If you thinking about adding stock cubes in the soup instead of chicken stock then I advise against it. The real taste of the soup comes from the flavorsome chicken broth. And I guarantee no stock cube can reproduce the similar not even the closest taste. Also, let’s not talk about the artificial flavor and tons of preservatives those stock cubes add to your simple soup. At times there are no cheat routes to make a delicious dish. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is one of them.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients for the Stock/Broth
- 500 gram of boneless chicken preferably thigh portion
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves roughly smashed
- an inch piece of ginger peeled and smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
Ingredients for the Soup
- 1 medium-size onion diced
- 1 medium-size carrot fine chopped
- 1 Cup of sliced button mushroom
- 200 gram noodles
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli chopped optional
- 1 Cup shredded chicken
- 4 Cups of chicken stock/broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon spring onion greens
- To prepare the stock heat olive oil in a deep saucepan.
- Add bay leaf, pepper, ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute.
- Now add the chicken into the pan. Saute till the chicken turn pale white.
- Add approximately 1 litre of water in the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Mix nicely.
- Cover the saucepan with the lid. Simmer the stock over low heat till the chicken is cooked. This usually takes 20 - 30 minutes.
- If you see scum on the surface, scoop it off with a ladle. Strain the broth into a large bowl using a fine strainer. Press out excess liquid from the veggies.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl and shred it into fine pieces.
- To prepare the soup, heat olive oil in the same saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and saute till the onion turn translucent.
- Next add the chopped carrot and mushroom. Saute till the mushroom soften and turn brown in color. Keep stirring them while sauteeing.
- Add soya sauce, red chilli and stir to combine.
- Now add the chicken stock and once it starts boiling add the noodles. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the noodles are cooked add the shredded chicken and spring onion greens.
- Serve homemade Chicken Noodle Soup warm.