Chai Spiced Almond Cookies are one of the simplest and most delicious treats you can make for the Holiday Season. Store crisp Spiced Almond Cookies in containers with tight-fitting covers and relish every day with a cup of coffee. That is how I like evening coffee with a piece of homemade cookie. Delicious, buttery almond cookies are about strategic holiday baking. These Spiced Almond Cookies are a classic holiday favourite and are a great fit for edible gift hamper. Spiced Almond Cookies are quick to make and turn out distinctive in flavour profile, all sure to hit the sweet spot with family and friends. Their generous size makes them especially festive, but they can be made into smaller cookies as well.
With some chai masala and other Christmas Cake (see recipe here) condiments in hand, I am obsessively using them in all my baked goodies. Thanks to chilling winter everybody enjoying a hint of ginger and chai spice (see recipe here) in cookies and cakes. Dried ginger and tea masala (see recipe here) give these cookies an autumn inspired zing that draws cookie lovers from near and far! This year I am not baking traditional Gingerbread Men Cookie so these Chai Spiced Almond Cookies with a subtle taste of ginger filling up that empty space in the holiday cookie jar.
Learn how to make Chai Spiced Almond Cookies:
Chai Spiced Almond Cookies Recipe
Chai Spiced Almond Cookies are one of the simplest and most delicious treats you can make for the Holiday Season.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal or ground whole almonds at home
- 1 tsp Chai Masala
- ¾ Tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Almond Extract
Ingredients for decoration
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a bowl sift together flour, almond flour, baking powder, spices & salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the almond extract. Beat in the egg and whisk for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until all combined well. Flatten the dough into a round, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Prepare the cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form into 1 inch balls and slightly flatten with palm into ¼ inch thickness. Place the flattened balls of dough on the prepared cookie sheet, spacing about 2-3 inches apart.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sugar & the shaved almonds.
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges. Remove cookies from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy Chai Spiced Almond Cookies with tea/coffee. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Love this? Pin it for Later!Follow @hinagujral on Pinterest!