Achari Paneer Tikka Pulao
Achari Paneer Tikka Pulao is a delicious pulao recipe packed with the goodness of paneer tikka. Learn how to make paneer pulao in a few simple steps.
Servings: 4 adults
Ingredients for marination
- 1 Cup curd
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 Cup mustard oil (sarson)
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi
- 1 Cup uncooked basmati rice
- 200 gram paneer (cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 1 Cup diced onion
- 1/4 Cup diced capsicum
- 1/4 Cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Bengali Panch Phoran (see notes)
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 tablespoon ghee
Clean, wash and soak basmati rice in water for 15 - 20 minutes.
Cook soaked rice in 2 cups of water. Adjust the quantity of water as per your rice variety.
Cook rice. Fluff the cooked rice using a fork. Set it aside.
Combine curd, spices, ginger - garlic paste, mustard oil, and kasuri methi in a bowl. Whisk to make a smooth lump free marinade.
Add capsicum, paneer, and bell peppers to the marinade. Mix nicely to coat each piece with the marinade. Keep in the fridge for 2 - 3 hours or overnight.
Heat ghee in a frying pan. Add the panch phoran and bay leaf. Cook for few seconds till the aroma of spices is released.
Add the onion. Cook till the onion turns soft. No need to brown the onion.
Add the marinated vegetables and fry for 5 - 6 minutes. Do not cook the vegetables for too long. They should have a crunch to them. You can add the leftover marinade as well
Add cooked rice, and mix gently. Cover and cook the pulao over low heat for 5 - 6 minutes for the rice to absorb the flavor.
Serve Achaari Paneer Tikka Pulao warm with raita and salad.
- Bengali Panch Phoran is a combination of nigella seeds (kalonji), fenugreek seeds (methi dana), fennel (saunf), cumin seeds (jeera), black mustard seeds (rai).
- You can add a teaspoon of achaar masala or pickle spice mix as well in the marinade.
- You can keep marinated vegetables and paneer overnight or for 2 - 3 hours in the fridge.
- Do not add too much water to cook the rice. We need fluffy rice for making the pulao.
- Fluff the pulao using a fork before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 493IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 344mg | Iron: 2mg