Bread Basket Chaat Recipe
Have you ever think of making basket chaat using bread? If not yet, then try this step by step bread basket chaat video recipe.
Ingredients For Bread Basket:
- 6 slices bread
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil or ghee
Ingredients For Aloo Chaat Stuffing:
- 1 Cup boiled potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Cup boiled white peas (safed matar)
- ¼ Cup chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- ¼ Cup pomegranate (anar)
- ¼ Cup curd or yogurt
- ¼ Cup mint chutney see recipe
- ¼ Cup sweet chutney
- ¼ Cup sev bhujia (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Make Bread Basket:
Remove the crust from the bread slices. Place a single slice of bread on a clean, dry surface and press them thinly using a rolling pin. The idea is to reduce the thickness of bread slices and make them easy to shape. (refer recipe video)
Make half inch cuts on all four sides of the bread. Brush bread slices with oil on both sides.
Arrange the bread slices into the muffin molds like a cup. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (400°f) for 15 minutes in the middle rack or till the bread is crisp.
Unmold the bread baskets and allow them to cool at room temperature. Set aside.
Make Aloo Chaat Stuffing:
Combine boiled peas, potato, onion, salt, spices, and pomegranate in a bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Make it spicier using green chili if you prefer.
Assemble Bread Basket Chaat:
Fill each bread basket with a tablespoon of aloo chaat stuffing. Top the aloo chaat with a tablespoon of curd, one teaspoon each of sweet and mint chutney. Sprinkle sev and fresh coriander.
Serve Bread Basket Chaat immediately.
- You can store baked bread baskets for 2 - 3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Use fresh and moist bread slices for making the bread baskets.
- You can brush the bread slices with a tablespoon of melted butter or ghee to get a nice brown crust and taste.
- Store aloo chaat stuffing for 2 - 3 days in the refrigerator.
- For chaat, whisk yogurt nicely to get smooth, lump free consistency.
- If sweet chutney is not available, add a tablespoon of sugar in the curd while whisking to get a sweet taste.
- After filling, serve bread basket chaat immediately else it will turn soggy after a few minutes.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 735mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 3mg