Chilli Garlic Noodles Recipe
Chilli Garlic Noodles is a spicy, Indian Chinese style noodles stir-fry with loads of vegetables. Learn how to make veg hakka noodles in a few simple steps.
Servings: 4 adults
- 200 gram dry Hakka noodles
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil or cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 dry red chili or to taste
- 1 Cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced capsicum/bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced cabbage
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce or sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
Prep Work For Noodles:
Boil approximately 500ml of water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add noodles when water starts to boil. Boil for 10-12 minutes depending on the variety of noodles. After draining the noodles toss gently in a teaspoon of oil. Or cook noodles as per packet instructions.
Slice the vegetables, ginger, and garlic. Set aside.
Prepare Chilli Garlic Noodles:
In a wok over high heat, add in sesame oil or cooking oil. Add ginger, garlic, and dry red chilies. Stir fry over high heat for 1 – 2 minutes without burning the aromatics. Add the sliced onion and stir fry for 1 - 2 minute or till onion turn translucent.
Add the sliced veggies and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes or till al dente. Add white vinegar and mix nicely. Next, add the soy sauce, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, and chili sauce. Stir-fry for 1 - 2 minutes.
Next, add the boiled noodles and gently toss with the vegetables without breaking the noodles. Top off with spring onion greens.
Serve Chilli Garlic Noodles with Manchurian gravy for dinner.
- Recommended Equipment: Chinese Wok (Buy It Here)
- To avoid soggy vegetables in this dish, chop all vegetables very finely into juliennes.
- Vegetables that need longer time to cook must be blanched separately before adding to the dish
- Ideal protein choices for this dish are firm tofu cubes, lean chicken cut into strips, shrimp or mushroom as all of them cook really quickly
- Be mindful when adding salt to this dish as all the sauces contain salt in them
- Do not forget to rinse the noodles with water to remove the stickiness after boiling.
Serving: 100Grams | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.3g | Protein: 2.3g | Fat: 12.8g | Fiber: 2.1g