Cheese Golgappa Pakora Recipe
The cheese golgappa pakora is the masala potato stuffed Indian style fritters loaded with cheese. Find how to make golgappa pakora in a few simple steps.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 10 fritters
- 8 - 10 golgappa or panipuri shells
- Refined Oil to deep-fry
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- 4 medium - size potato, peeled and boiled
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
Ingredients For Batter:
- 1/2 Cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 Cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
Prepare Potato Stuffing:
Mash the boiled potato. Add onion, salt, seasoning, and mix nicely. Make sure no lumps remain in the potato filling. Set aside until required.
Make a thick batter of dipping consistency using gram flour, rice flour, salt, chili powder, and water. Whisk nicely to prepare a smooth lump-free batter. Set aside.
Gently tap on top of pani puri ball to make a small opening in the shell.
Stuff it with the potato mixture and one small cube of cheese. Similarly, prepare all the fritters.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high flame.
Dip each ball in the gram flour batter and deep fry till evenly crisp from outside. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel or place in a metal colander/sieve.
Serve Cheese Golgappa Pakora with green chutney ( see recipe ) and tomato ketchup.
- You can totally feel free to add seasoning, spices, herbs, and vegetables of your choice in the potato filling.
- I have used readymade pani puri shells to prepare these fritters. You can use homemade ones as well.
- Recommended Equipment: Deep-Frying Pan, Mixing Bowl