Oats Khichdi Recipe
Oats Khichdi is an Indian style oats porridge packed with vegetables and yellow moong dal. Learn how to make a healthy vegetable oats khichdi.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 adults
- 2 Cup Instant Oats
- 1 Cup yellow moong dal (dhuli moong)
- 1/2 Cup fine chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped tomato
- 1 Cup fine chopped spinach
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoom ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
Wash and soak the dal in 2 cups of water.
Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and let them splutter for a few seconds.
Next, add the chopped onion and saute for 2 - 3 minute over medium flame.
Add the soaked dal (not the water), tomato, carrot, spinach and stir to combine. Saute for 3 - 5 minutes.
Now, add the oast, spices, salt and 6 cups of water. Stir to mix.
Seal the pressure cooker with a lid. Cook khichdi over low heat for 2 - 3 whistles. Turn off the heat. Let the steam release naturally from the pressure cooker.
Serve oats khichdi warm with a dollop of ghee, raita, and chutney.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!