Mixed Beans Salad Recipe
Mixed Beans Salad is a colorful, wholesome, gluten-free Mexican style salad. Learn how to make bean salad in a few simple steps.
Servings: 4 adults
- ½ cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas
- ½ cup canned red kidney beans
- ½ cup canned cannellini beans
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced ripe avocado
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Ingredients For Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
To begin making the Mixed Beans Salad, drain all the canned beans in a metal seive or colander. Rinse with water. Set aside for beans to dry completely.
Chop all the vegetables and keep in the fridge.
To prepare the dressing for the salad. Add all the ingredients for dressing in a bottle with the lid. Tightly close the lid and shake the bottle so all the ingredients get well combined.
To prepare the salad, in a bowl combine all the chopped vegetables along with the beans. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
Serve the Mixed Bean Salad immediately with nachos.
- Meal Prep: You can prepare a large batch of dressing and use it for other salads as well. Or if you are using home cooked beans, cook a large batch for the week's meal prep.
- Beans: You can use canned beans or home cooked beans for the salad. Store the leftover beans for 4 - 5 days in the fridge.
- Make Ahead: You can easily make this salad 2 - 3 hours before serving and store in the fridge. Last minute, pour the dressing and add fresh herbs to freshen it up.
- Leftover Beans: You can use leftover beans in stew, soups, or for making hummus, refried beans and chilli.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 729IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg