Tropical Pineapple Salad Recipe
This is a tropical style pineapple salad. The fresh pineapple, avocado, peppers, and cucumber come together to create a bowl of colorful summer salad. Learn how to make pineapple salsa cum salad in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1 Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Cup chopped avocado
- 1 Cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar or stevia
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or coriander
Wash the red bell pepper. Wipe it with a clean towel. Roast the bell pepper over the direct gas flame/oven/grill till black charred marks appear on the skin of the pepper. Allow to cool down completely and then finely chop.
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine salt, pepper flakes, honey, lemon juice, and olive oil. Whisk to combine all the ingredients nicely. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Combine chopped pineapple, roasted bell pepper, cucumber, avocado in a salad bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad gently in the dressing. Keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Use sweet and fully ripe pineapple for making the salad. You can use the tinned or canned pineapple slices as well.
- If you are using tinned pineapple, taste and then add the honey in salad accordingly.
- If red pepper flakes are not available use one finely minced fresh red chili (discard the seeds).
- Let the salad sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary according to the ingredients used.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1367IU | Vitamin C: 95mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg