Creamy White Sauce Pasta Recipe
White Sauce Pasta is a healthy and tasty wholesome pasta recipe with vegetables. Learn how to make healthy pasta in a few simple steps.
Servings: 4 adults
- 400 gram dry whole wheat penne pasta
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped parsley
To make the whole wheat white sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour (atta)
- 4 cup milk at room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat 6 cups of water in a large saucepan with salt on high heat. Once the water comes to a boil, add the pasta. Cook until the pasta is al dente or cooked as per your liking. Once cooked, drain the water, reserve 1 cup of boiled pasta water to flavor the sauce. Rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
Prepare White Sauce:
Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and saute for 10 seconds to release the aroma of garlic.
Next, add whole wheat flour. Saute over low heat for 1 - 2 minutes to release the aroma and roast the flour. Pour the milk steadily with one hand and stir the flour mixture clockwise continuously to avoid any lump formation. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
Once the sauce thickens, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg powder. Stir to combine. taste and adjust the seasoning.
Add chopped vegetables, boiled pasta, seasoning in the white sauce. Stir to combine.
If the sauce is too thick, you can add reserve boiled pasta water or more milk to get the desired consistency.
Simmer the pasta and vegetables in the white sauce for 2 - 3 minutes to absorb the flavor. Sprinkle chopped parsley or basil before serving.
Serve Creamy White Sauce Pasta along with warm garlic bread.
- Make sure milk is at room temperature before adding in the sauce.
- Continuously stir the sauce till it starts thickening to avoid any lump formation.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt accordingly.
- You can add a pinch of grated nutmeg or nutmeg powder as well in sauce for taste.
Serving: 100gram | Calories: 653kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1613IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 1mg