Lemon Iced Tea
Making perfect lemon iced tea is easy, and endlessly adaptable. Learn how to make lemon iced tea in few simple steps.
Servings: 4 Glasses
- 2 teaspoon tea (chai patti)
- 4 glasses of water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Honey/sugar to taste
Ingredients To Serve Lemon Iced Tea:
- lemon slices
- few fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
Boil four cups of water in a saucepan. Add sugar (if using) and stir to dissolve it. Turn off the heat.
Add the tea leaves or the tea bags. Cover the pan with a lid. Allow the tea to steep for a minute or as per your taste preference.
Remove the tea bags and filter the brewed tea. Allow the liquid to cool down. You can keep brewed tea in the fridge to cool down.
Add the lemon juice and sweeten the iced tea using honey (if not using sugar) according to your taste.
Stir in the ice cubes. Add freshly cut lemon slices and mint leaves for some fresh flavor. Serve lemon iced tea chilled.
- You can use tea bags as well instead of loose tea leaves.
- You can increase or decrease the steeping or brewing time of the tea according to your taste preference. The longer tea is steeped the stronger will be the taste of iced tea. I prefer steeping tea for less than a minute.
- If you are using sugar as a sweetener, it is important to dissolve it in boiling water before adding tea leaves/tea bags.
- If you are not keen on adding white sugar, then use honey to sweeten the iced tea.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 21kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 7mg