Mango Iced Tea Recipe
Mango Iced Tea is a refreshing summer iced tea recipe with the sweet mango flavor. Learn how to make fruit fkavored iced tea in a few simple steps.
- 4 Cup water
- 2 tablespoon granulated white sugar or to taste
- 1 tablespoon black tea (chai patti)
- 1 Cup sweet mango puree
Ingredients For Serving:
- ice cubes
- fresh mint leaves
Boil water and sugar in a saucepan. Turn off the heat once sugar is dissolved.
Add the black tea leaves or the tea bags. Cover the pan with a lid. Steep the tea for 10 - 20 seconds.
Filter the tea in a jar, keeping the liquid and discarding the leaves. Allow the brewed tea to cool down. Keep in the fridge for 1 - 2 hours.
Once iced tea is chilled, add mango puree and stir to combine nicely. Once again, keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
For serving, add ice cubes and mint leaves in each glass. Pour chilled mango iced tea and serve.
- I prefer using Indian milk tea leaves or black tea for making iced tea decoction. You can use green tea leaves or earl grey tea leaves as well.
- You can use honey as well to sweeten the iced tea.
- You can blend fresh mango pulp or use canned mango puree to flavor the iced tea. Make sure the mango puree is sweet and not sour in taste.
- You can add a variety of fruit flavors to the iced tea.
- Do not steep or boil tea for too long in the water else iced tea decoction will taste bitter.
- You can use the canned mango puree to flavor the iced tea.
- You can refrigerate mango iced tea for 1 - 2 days then it starts changing color and taste.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 214mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1380IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg