Potato Cheese Balls Recipe
Potato Cheese Balls are a crispy vegetarian snack with the melted cheese heaven inside. Learn how to make veg cheese balls in a few steps.
Servings: 8 balls
Ingredients For Cheese Balls:
- 4 boiled potato
- ¼ Cup grated cheese (any hard cheese)
- ¼ Cup cornflour (corn starch)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
Ingredient For Stuffing:
- 100 gram mozarella or pizza cheese (cut into small squares)
Ingredients For Coating:
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- ¼ Cup water
Prepare Cheese Balls:
Grate potato in a mixing bowl. Add grated cheese, cornflour, spices, salt, and pepper. Mix nicely and form a smooth, non-sticky dough. There shouldn't be any lumps in the dough.
To shape balls, grease your hands with a teaspoon of oil. Pinch a spoonful of dough. Shape it into a round ball. Gently flatten using fingers. Place a small piece of mozzarella cheese. Cover it neatly with the potato mixture. Once again, shape it into a round ball. Similarly, shape all the cheese balls. Keep in the fridge until ready to fry.
Coating Cheese Balls:
Combine cornflour with water and make a smooth paste. Set aside.
In another bowl, add bread crumbs. Place these two bowls next to each other.
Dip each cheese ball in cornflour liquid and then coat with bread crumbs evenly. Arrange coated cheese balls on a plate. Keep in the fridge while heating the oil.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is preheated, carefully add cheese balls into the hot oil in small batches. Fry till golden, and crisp from all the sides.
Transfer fried balls to a metal seive.
Serve potato cheese balls immediately with ketchup or dip of your choice.
- For perfect cheese balls, please follow the ingredient measurements.
- Always grate the potato and not mash them. If you are using leftover mashed potato then it's fine.
- Do not boil the potatoes in too much water for making cheese balls. Try to use microwave boiled potatoes or slightly hard-boiled potatoes instead of water clogged ones.
- If the cheese ball dough/mixture seems too sticky add more cornflour or apply a teaspoon of oil. You can keep it in the fridge too for 15 - 20 minutes. It becomes easy to handle.
- You can store cheese ball dough in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 days.
- Feel free to add seasoning of your choice in the dough.
- You can freeze cheese balls for 1 month.
- Be careful while frying the cheese balls. Sometimes, the cheese might burst.
- Always fry cheese balls on medium-high flame.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 828kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 75g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 194IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2mg