Mango Lassi Recipe
Mango Lassi is a low-fat creamy, Indian-style mango smoothie. Learn how to make sweet lassi with mango flavor in a few simple steps.
- 1 Cup sweet mango pulp (fresh or canned)
- 1 Cup plain yogurt (curd), chilled
- 1/4 Cup milk, chilled
- granulated white sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (kesar)
- 5 - 6 ice-cubes
Soak saffron in a tablespoon of milk for 3 - 5 minutes
Combine mango pulp, yogurt, milk, sugar, cardamom powder and saffron in a blender.
Blend until smooth. Taste and add more sugar if required. Add ice cubes and blend for a second.
Serve mango lassi chilled.
- Canned mangoes usually come with sugar syrup, in that case, do not add additional
sweeteners to the mix without prior tasting.
- Don’t use sour curd; it will ruin the balance of flavors in Lassi.
- Adding milk is optional.
- You can add approximately 1/4 cup of condensed milk while blending, to make lassi even more thick and delicious
- If you want to add to the indulgence, serve with a spoonful of thick cream on
top or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- A drizzle of rose water or rose essence adds a burst of freshness, do try it out
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 3003IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 15mg