Khatta Meetha Kaddu Ki Sabzi
Kaddu Ki Sabzi is a sweet and savory Indian style pumpkin stir fry. Learn how to make khatta meetha kaddu in a few simple steps.
Servings: 4 adults
- 500 gram yellow pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 4 dry red chilies, broken into halves
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon jaggery or white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
In a heavy bottom pan, heat ghee over medium flame. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, methi dana, and dry red chilli. Fry till seeds start spluttering.
Add pumpkin along with the salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and coriander powder. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook the pumpkin cubes over low heat for 20 - 25 minutes or till pumpkin is tender. Stir occasionally in between.
Once pumpkin turns soft, add mango powder, sugar, and kasuri methi. Stir to combine.
Let the pumpkin pieces cook over low heat for next 5 - 10 minutes. Stir occasionally in between.
Serve Khatta Meetha Kaddu Ki Sabzi warm with poori ( see recipe).
Serving: 1small bowl | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.2g | Protein: 2.3g | Fat: 7.8g | Fiber: 2.5g