Mango Shrikhand Recipe
Mango Shrikhand is an Indian style mango yogurt made with fresh mango pulp, thick curd, infused with aromatics like saffron, cardamom, and pistachio.
Servings: 4 adults
- 1 litre thick curd or yogurt
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron strands (dissolved in 2 tbsp of warm milk)
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 1 teaspoon sliced pistachio
- 1/4 cup diced mango
Prepare Hung Curd:
Place a muslin cloth or clean kitchen cloth over the sieve. Pour curd in the cloth, tie the muslin cloth at a higher point in the kitchen (I use my kitchen sink tap) with a bowl placed below it to collect whey water. This way all the excess liquid will drain out from the yogurt and the end result will be thick soft cheese like hung curd.
It usually takes 2 hours to prepare the hung curd.
How To Prepare Mango Puree:
How To Prepare Mango Shrikhand:
Add the hung curd along with mango puree, cardamom powder, saffron soaked in milk, and powdered sugar. Whisk till combined well or use a hand mixer for the purpose. Make sure no lumps remain in the mango yogurt. It should be light and fluffy in texture.
Keep the shrikhand in the fridge to chill for 2 - 3 hours before serving.
Serve Mango Shrikhand chilled garnished with chopped mango cubes and pistachio slivers.
- Avoid using sour tasting yogurt or curd for making the shrikhand.
- Use ripe and sweet mango pulp for the puree.
- Taste the mango puree and then adjust the amount of sugar accordingly.
- You can use plain Green Yogurt to make the mango shrikhand.
- In places fresh mango is not available use tinned mango puree or frozen mango pulp.
- Mango Yogurt is best enjoyed chilled. You can serve it room temperature as well.
- You can store mango yogurt for a week in the fridge.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 3796IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg