Pineapple Rava Kesari Recipe
Recipe Video. Pineapple Rava Kesari is a delicious sooji (semolina) halwa packed with the goodness of pineapple. Learn how to make pineapple halwa in a few simple steps.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 adults
Ingredient For Golden Syrup:
- 2 Cup pineapple juice
- 1 Cup water, at room temperature
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 Cup bite-size pineapple cubes
- 1 teaspoon saffron strands (kesar)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 1 Cup semolina (rava/sooji)
- 1/4 Cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 Cup sliced cashews
Prepare Golden Syrup:
In a large deep saucepan bring water, juice, pineapple cubes, saffron, sugar, and cardamom powder to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and let the liquid simmer. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
The sugar should dissolve completely, and the liquid should turn golden in color. The pineapple pieces should become soft. Taste and adjust the sweetness accordingly.
Roast Semolina (Suji):
Meanwhile, start roasting semolina — heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium flame. Fry sliced cashew till light brown and transfer to a plate. Keep aside.
Next, add semolina and roast over medium heat until it changes color to light brown. Continuously stir semolina while roasting else it might get burnt.
Now, slowly add hot golden syrup to the roasted semolina. Add half amount of water at a time and continuously stir semolina to avoid lump formation. Gradually, add the remaining liquid. Stir continuously in one direction.
Once the semolina starts bubbling, cover and cook for 3 - 5 minutes over low heat. Do not cook for too long.
Turn off the heat. Open the lid and add fried cashews. Mix nicely.
Serve pineapple rava kesari warm garnished with pineapple cubes and cashews.
- Use only fine semolina or rava for making the halwa.
- It is best to roast semolina over low heat for a good taste and color.
- Make sure the syrup is warm while adding in the roasted semolina.
- Taste the syrup and adjust the amount of sugar as per your preference.
Serving: 1small bowl | Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 37.4g | Protein: -13g | Fat: 5.9g | Fiber: 2.2g