Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
Chicken Pad Thai - one of the best way to eat rice noodles with tons of vegetables and chicken. Learn how to make pad thai noodles in a few simple steps.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 200 gram dry pad Thai noodles/sticks
- 100 gram boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 medium-size onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves fine chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
Ingredients For Pad Thai Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp/paste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
Ingredients For Garnishing Pad Thai:
- 2 tablespoon roasted and crushed peanuts
- Juice of one whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
- 1 tablespoon mung (moong) bean sprouts
How To Prepare Rice Noodles:
Place rice noodles in a large flat bowl. Pour boiling water over the noodles. Cover the bowl with a lid. After 5 minutes, open the lid and gently soak the noodles in water and cover the bowl once again. Open the lid exactly after 5 minutes.
Transfer the softened noodles into a colander. Drain all the liquid. Quickly rinse with cold/running water.
How To Make Pad Thai Sauce:
How To Make Chicken Pad Thai:
Toss chicken strips in 2 tablespoons of pad thai sauce and mix nicely. Set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or stir-fry pan. Add chopped garlic. Stir-fry for a minute.
Add sliced onion and fry them for a minute or so. Keep the gas flame from medium-high.
Next, add the marinated chicken strips. And stir-fry till the chicken is tender and cooked. This does not take more than 5 - 10 minutes.
Add remaining vegetable and stir-fry for another 2 – 3 minutes. Add rice noodles, remaining pad thai sauce, half of the roasted peanuts and gently combine the ingredients.
How To Serve Chicken Pad Thai:
Transfer chicken pad thai to a serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining roasted peanuts, spring onion greens, mung bean sprouts and lemon juice.
Serve Chicken Pad Thai warm immediately.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- Do not leave the rice stocks/noodles in the warm water for a very long time. Approximately 10 - 15 minutes is the good enough time or keep on checking them for doneness.
- Do not toss the noodles vigorously else they will break apart.
- For a more intense flavour, chicken can be marinated 1 - 2 hour before and kept in the fridge.
- Chicken Pad Thai is best enjoyed fresh and warm. It may not taste the same after a few hours.
- Always, taste the pad thai sauce and add more sugar/sauces/salt accordingly.