Kali Mirch Gobi Recipe
Cauliflower Curry is a vegan, gluten-free, Indian style creamy cauliflower, peas, and coconut curry. Learn how to make creamy cauliflower vegan curry in a few simple steps.
Servings: 4 adults
- 2 Cup cauliflower florets
- 1 Cup green peas
- 1 Cup diced potato, skin removed
- 2 Tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 Cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 Cup tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder (see recipe)
- 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 Cup coconut milk
If using frozen vegetables, thaw them as per packet instructions.
Heat oil in a heavy-duty pan. Once the oil is heated add grated ginger and saute ginger for 10 - 20 seconds. You can smell the aroma of roasted ginger in the air.
Now add chopped onion. Saute the onion for 3 - 5 minutes or till they turn translucent and light brown in color. Keep stirring the onion at regular intervals else they might burn and turn black.
Add tomato puree, salt, and cook the masala for 2 - 3 minutes.
Add cauliflower florets, potatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, black pepper, and turmeric powder. Stir to coat each piece of the vegetable with the masala.
Add 1 Cup of water or lukewarm vegetable stock. Add green peas. Stir. Cover the pan with the lid for the vegetables to cook till fork tender.
After 15 minutes, open the lid and give the curry a nice stir. Check for doneness if still cauliflower/potato not cooked through, put the lid back on and cook for some more time until fork tender.
Garnish gobi curry with chopped cilantro or parsley.
Serve Cauliflower Curry with steamed rice or chapati.
- Adjust the quantity of spices and salt as per your personal preference.
- You can store gobi curry in the fridge for 5 - 6 days easily.
- For reheating, transfer in a microwave safe bowl and heat. Or add 1/4 cup water in a pan, add gobi curry, cover the pan with a lid and heat on a stovetop.
- To make the curry more spicy, add sliced fresh green or red chillies.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 361IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 5mg