Gluten Free Lentil Salad Recipe
Lentil salad is probably the best way to eat lentils except making curry out of them. Learn how to make gluten-free lentil salad.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 Cup green moong lentil boiled
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion fine chopped
- 1 medium-size carrot diced
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 small-size tomato seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper ribs, and seeds removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/4 Cup thick yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Wash and soak the green moong lentils in enough water for 1 – 2 hours.
Bring a saucepan of water with salt to a boil. Add lentils, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain in a metal colander and allow to cool.
Make sure not to overcook the lentils. They should not turn mushy.
Combine chopped vegetables in a bowl and mix boiled lentil into them. Keep in the fridge.
To prepare the salad dressing, whisk all the ingredients of dressing in a bowl until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Just before serving combine the salad and the dressing.
Serve gluten free lentil salad immediately.