Mango Lassi Recipe
Mango Lassi is a low-fat creamy, Indian style mango smoothie. Learn how to make Indian mango lassi in a few simple steps.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 Glasses
- 1 Cup ripe mango pulp
- 1 Cup plain yogurt (curd), chilled
- 1/4 Cup milk, chilled
- granulated white sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- a pinch of saffron (kesar)
- 5 - 6 ice-cubes
Soak saffron in a tablespoon of milk for 3 - 5 minutes
Combine mango pulp, yogurt, milk, sugar, cardamom powder and saffron in a blender.
Blend until smooth. Taste and add more sugar if required. Add ice cubes and blend for a second.
Serve mango lassi chilled.
- Canned mangoes usually come with sugar syrup, in that case, do not add additional
sweeteners to the mix without prior tasting.
- Don’t use sour curd; it will ruin the balance of flavors in Lassi.
- Adding milk is optional.
- You can add approximately 1/4 cup of condensed milk while blending, to make lassi even more thick and delicious
- If you want to add to the indulgence, serve with a spoonful of thick cream on
top or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- A drizzle of rose water or rose essence adds a burst of freshness, do try it out
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 13g