Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Chicken Fried Rice is the most amazing stir-fry rice with colorful vegetables, chicken, and egg. It is one of the easiest gluten-free, one-pot meal. Learn how to make best fried rice in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup long-grain cooked rice
- 1 Cup boneless, skinless chicken pieces (breast or thigh)
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion (spring onion or white onion)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped capsicum or bell pepper or green peas
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped green beans
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 1/4 Cup chopped spring onion
Prep Work For Fried Rice:
Chop all the vegetables. Whisk eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Marinate chicken pieces with a teaspoon of soy sauce, one teaspoon teriyaki sauce, salt, and black pepper. Place all these ingredients next to the cooking stovetop.
Cook Fried Rice:
Heat wok over high heat. Add sesame oil.
Once the oil is hot, add ginger, garlic, and chopped onion. Stir fry over high heat for 2 - 3 minutes. The aroma of the garlic and ginger will start releasing. No need to brown the garlic or onion.
Add marinated chicken pieces. Stir fry till chicken turns pale white in color and fully cooked.
Add chopped vegetables, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sauce. Stir fry for a minute.
Next, shift vegetables, and chicken to the one side of the pan. On the other empty side, pour whisked eggs and scramble them. Mix all the ingredients nicely.
Add cooked rice and mix. Make sure rice, vegetables, chicken, and eggs are combined nicely without any lumps. let the rice sizzle on the hot wok for a minute to get fried. Do not mash the rice while stir-frying. Turn off the heat.
Garnish chicken fried rice with spring onion and a teaspoon of sesame oil.
Serve chicken fried rice warm.
- The leftover chilled white rice straight out of the fridge is best for making fried rice. Use the best available long to medium grain rice for stir-frying.
- The tender, boneless chicken breast or thigh is best for any kind of stir-frying. Cut all the chicken pieces to small bite-size so that they cook easily in no time.
- You can marinate the chicken in - 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce, salt, and pepper. Keep it in the fridge until required to make fried rice.
- A Chinese wok or the stir-fry pan is the most important accessory for stir-fry cooking.
- Keep the stovetop heat at HIGH while stir-frying the chicken, vegetables, and rice.
- Prep beforehand all the vegetables, herbs, sauce, seasoning, and place them next to your cooking stove while making fried rice.
- Fried Rice is a perfect meal-prep and microwave friendly meal. You can make a large batch in advance and store it in the fridge for a week
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1490IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg