Lemon Rice Recipe
Lemon Rice is a delicious Indian style lemon flavored fried rice. Learn how to make elumichai sadam in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup cooked white rice
- ¼ Cup lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon black mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 teaspoon dhuli urad dal
- 2 tablespoon peanuts
- 1 tablespoon cashew nuts, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil/sesame oil/coconut oil
Heat oil in a kadhai over a high flame. Once the oil starts fuming, reduce the heat to low.
Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Next, add urad dal and hing. Fry till dal turn light golden in color.
Add peanuts, cashews, curry leaves, and green chilies. Fry till cashews turn golden in color. Add turmeric powder, mix and turn off the heat.
Now add rice, salt, and lemon. Stir to combine. Rice should get coated with the seasoning nicely.
Cover the pan with the lid and allow the rice to absorb the flavors for 5 - 10 minutes.
Serve lemon rice warm with chilled raita and roasted potato.
- The leftover cooked rice sitting in the fridge works best for this fried rice recipe.
- Lemon Rice requires strong, flavorsome oil to enhance the flavor of the ingredients.
- You can store lemon rice for a week in the refrigerator. Reheat in a microwave or stir-fry pan before serving.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg