Chocolate Brownie Recipe
This chocolate brownie recipe will give you the perfectly moist, fudgy, gooey brownies that you can make at home. Learn how to make the best brownie from scratch.
Servings: 9 pieces
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
- 125 gram unsalted butter, melted
- 125 gram powdered white sugar or caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 gram dark chocolate, melted
- 60 gram all-purpose flour (maida)
- 11 gram unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 30 gram coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 60 gram chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
To make a chocolate brownie, preheat the oven at 170° C. Line 7 inch square tin with parchment paper and grease it with little butter.
Melt butter and chocolate separately in a microwave or double boiler. The chocolate takes 40 - 50 seconds at High heat to melt in a microwave.
Once melted butter becomes lukewarm, add powdered sugar and whisk for 20 - 30 seconds to evenly combine. Add egg and vanilla. Whisk again for 1 minute to incorporate air in the batter.
Add lukewarm or room temperature melted chocolate to the batter. Whisk for 1 minute to evenly combine in the batter.
Add sifted flour, cocoa powder, salt to the batter. Gently cut and fold them into a smooth, lump-free batter. Add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, and mix the batter one last time.
Pour the brownie batter into the greased tin. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. Insert a toothpick and if it comes with fewer crumbs, the brownie is ready.
Bring brownie out of the oven. Let brownie sit in the tin for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack and let it cool down or till they become lukewarm. Cut into squares.
Serve Chocolate Brownie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- Do not expose butter and chocolate to very high heat.
- Use only powdered sugar or caster sugar for this brownie recipe.
- Before adding eggs make sure melted butter and chocolate liquid are not piping hot.
- The chocolate brownie batter is of dropping consistency. If it seems too thick, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of room temperature milk.
- Do not over-mix the batter. Once combined well, STOP mixing.
- If you like brownies with melted centers, extra gooey then bake only for 20 minutes. If you like cake-like brownies then bake for full 25 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool down completely or at least lukewarm before cutting into squares.
- You can store chocolate brownies at room temperature for 2 - 3 days. Store them in the refrigerator for a week.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 486IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 3mg